- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 17, 2021
Our mission is to make payments safer and easier for everyone. We started with a consumer product that helps people spend more safely using virtual payment cards. Then we launched a simple, modern API to make our payment and card issuing infrastructure available to other startups, fintechs, and brands. Today, that infrastructure powers hundreds of millions of dollars in payments for consumers and some of the most innovative companies in the world.
What you’ll do:
- Operationalize datasets to produce usable/useful outputs for our Finance team(s).
- Enable Finance/Accounting workflows by providing technical and query-based support.
- Design and run reporting/analytics infrastructure for internal and external consumers.
- Partner with the business org to understand their data needs and requirements.
- Convert business/operational intent into technical specifications and documentation
- Identify areas of operational overhead and propose/design mitigations based on data-driven solutions
We’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence Engineering, Data Engineering, or Data Science - with a specific focus on data pipelines/ETLs and using large datasets to solve operational problems
- Expert-level understanding of SQL with an ability to conceptualize abstract datasets
- Demonstrated proficiency in an environment of your choice (Python, R, etc.)
- Working knowledge/familiarity with Finance/Accounting concepts (double entry bookkeeping, financial audits, etc.)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate between business concepts and technical implementations
- Comfort working in the absence of defined processes, prior art, or existing query patterns
Nice to haves:
Operational familiarity with Airflow and comfort with writing well-structured, production-ready code to support your work
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume, LinkedIn, and/or substack/blog
- A quick description of previous data/analytics related work you’re proud of
- Your github link/attachment and explanation of code/queries you’ve written
Lithic is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace by welcoming people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodations in the application process, please let us know.