- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 17, 2021
Who We Are
We’re making digital payments safer and easier for everyone by building accessible financial infrastructure for developers and seamless products for consumers. We started with a consumer product that reimagines the way people and businesses spend money online using ephemeral payment card numbers. Last year we launched a card issuing API on top of our transaction processing and core banking infrastructure. We made it available to engineers, entrepreneurs, and creators through a simple, modern, developer-first API that is now used by some of the most innovative startups, fintech companies, and neobanks.
What You’ll Do
As our first Fraud & Risk hire and an early member of the Operations team, you will work closely with our COO to define, develop, and implement the overall fraud and risk strategies for Lithic’s direct-to-consumer, B2B, and enterprise products.
Some of the things you’ll do:
- Define and manage the operating strategies and procedures to rapidly and comprehensively investigate fraudulent activity
- Work cross-functionally with our Compliance, Legal, and Product teams to build tools and processes to improve our clients’ trust and safety, minimize our business risk, and drive business value and efficiency
- Determine the core technology platforms and tools required for client fraud and risk management
- Provide structured and ongoing analysis of vulnerabilities, control weaknesses, and gaps to mitigate and remediate significant risk issues, trends, and loss events
- Partner with key fintech and financial industry professionals and communities to receive timely and relevant information, and position Lithic as an industry leader
Who You Are
We’re looking for someone with a demonstrated track record of success in fraud and risk management within a fast paced, high growth environment. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply, but we think that a successful candidate will have:
- 8+ years of experience leading and building fraud platforms and tools at financial services or technology companies
- Deep expertise in the fraud domain, with extensive knowledge of identity and payment fraud methods, and tools and processes for prevention, detection, and fraud operations
- Excellent analytical skills, including ability to use business intelligence tools and distill complex data into business implications
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead fraud investigation, incident response, and data-driven analysis at scale
- Ability to drive operational efficiencies and scale through process improvements, automation, and staff development
Lithic is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace by welcoming people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodations in the application process, please let us know.