- Austin, TX
- New York
- Date Posted
- Oct. 6, 2021
Our mission is to make payments safer and easier for everyone. We started with a consumer product that helps people spend more safely using virtual payment cards. Then we launched a simple, modern API to make our payment and card issuing infrastructure available to other startups, fintechs, and brands. Today, that infrastructure powers hundreds of millions of dollars in payments for consumers and some of the most innovative companies in the world.
The business is growing in different ways, and so are the finance team’s responsibilities. We’re hiring a Payroll & Benefits Specialist that will have the opportunity to take on key functions and look for areas of improvement while the team expands. You’ll report to the Financial Controller and be a key stakeholder to the People team while working across all departments to prepare, analyze, and effectively process the company’s payroll and help facilitate and educate employee benefits.
What You’ll Do:
- Process international, multi-state salaried, and hourly payroll cycles through an EOR & PEO, including coordination of required deposits with treasury/accounting.
- Oversee time & attendance for the purposes of payroll processing & compliance. Inclusive of review timesheets and coordinating with managers & employees on any missing approvals or punches
- Assisting employees with questions regarding their paychecks, W2’s, informing employees of garnishment orders received against them, etc.
- Ensures compliance with international, federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices
- Registration for new SIT, SUI, and local accounts
- Calculating and entering special payments inclusive of retro, bonus, mid-cycle hires & terminations, pay increases, etc.
- Complete Employment Verifications/Income Verifications from vendors and issuance of Letters of Employment requested by employees
- Partner with Leadership on annual benefits plan design. Recommend changes based on current trends and usage. Ensure plans are compliant with state and local legal requirements.
- Drive annual open enrollment process including presentations. Manage all aspects of annual open enrollment of benefits including but not limited to Health, Dental, Vision, as well as 401k enrollments and communications throughout the year.
- Benefit billing reconciliation and submission to A/P for timely premium payments
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory needs including, but not limited to, ERISA, COBRA, Workers’ Compensation, ACA, FMLA, and ADA by staying up to date on regulatory changes to ensure proper administration.
- Manage various compliance audits such as 401(k), discrimination testing, and 5500.
- Be responsive and ensure employee questions regarding benefits policies and procedures are resolved timely.
- Support internal and external audit requests
- Help to maintain and enforce company policies and procedures
- Assist with identifying risks and opportunities, implementing controls and best practices for optimization, and maintaining proper process documentation
- Provide support for other ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
Who You Are:
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply, but we think that a successful Payroll & Benefits Specialist at Lithic will have:
- 3+ years of similar payroll and benefits experience required
- Multi-state & international payroll experience
- Strong communication skills with attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to help build processes from scratch and challenge the team/organization
- Desire to succeed and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic organization
- An approachable demeanor that inspires trust and confidence
Lithic is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace by welcoming people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodations in the application process, please let us know.