- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 17, 2021
- Product Management
Background and Opportunity
Our mission is to make payments safer and easier for everyone. We started with a consumer product (privacy.com) that helps people spend more safely using virtual payment cards. Then we launched a simple, modern API to make our payment and card issuing infrastructure available to other startups, fintechs, and brands. Today, that infrastructure is known as Lithic, and it powers billions of dollars in payments for some of the most innovative companies in the world.
Lithic is the first developer-focused open API platform company that is disrupting a huge legacy market: card issuing and payment processing.
- Well-funded: $50M+ raised from top-tier investors including Index, Bessemer, and Tusk Venture Partners, with a recent raise that will be used to drive growth.
- World-class board and advisors.
- Market traction: Triple-digit YoY revenue growth, quadrupled processing volume in the first 5 months of 2021. Ambitious growth goals.
- Market opportunity: Lithic is poised to capture a large share of a huge, multi-billion dollar market. The TAM is enormous.
- Category defining and leading technology. Deep, differentiated, and proven IP.
- Offices in New York and San Francisco with a distributed team.
What You’ll Do
As a Growth Manager, your first responsibility is to develop relationships with new customers by connecting the dots between their goals and our products. Some of the things you’ll do include:
- Shepherd opportunities from qualification through closing, including needs assessment, live demo, addressing concerns, executive presentations, quarterbacking internal resources and responses, due diligence, and price/contract negotiation.
- Generate leads through email outreach, events, community involvement, and other channels
- Qualify inbound leads and convert them to active sales conversations
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams and external partners to design solutions
- Represent the company externally to the market
Who You Are
You relish building relationships and making connections. You’re either already in sales or in an adjacent career and looking to transition into a high-growth startup. For example, finance (VC, investment banking, or strategy) is a great background for this role.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply, but we think that successful candidates will have:
- A detailed understanding of the fintech and payments landscape, or the ability to learn quickly
- An ability to quickly grasp different verticals, value propositions, and product use cases
- Strong communication and consultative skills
- A strategic, collaborative, results-oriented, and analytical approach
Lithic is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace by welcoming people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodations in the application process, please let us know.