- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 17, 2021
- Software Engineering
Our mission is to make payments safer and easier for everyone. We started with a consumer product that helps people spend more safely using virtual payment cards. Then we launched a simple, modern API to make our payment and card issuing infrastructure available to other startups, fintechs, and brands. Today, that infrastructure powers hundreds of millions of dollars in payments for consumers and some of the most innovative companies in the world.
About the role:
The Treasury Engineering team owns Lithic’s end to end reconciliation, liquidity management, and financial data. We’re responsible for designing and building platforms to support treasury operations while supplying complete, accurate, and timely financial data to our business partners. As an engineer on this team, you’ll work closely with the product, core infrastructure, and finance/accounting teams.
- Build scalable data warehousing, pipelines, and config-driven tooling
- Design and develop human and machine readable data models
- Work cross functionally with partners from the business to understand operational use cases and requirements
- Define and implement solutions to complex financial and operational problems with powerful data-intensive applications
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Deep understanding of APIs, production systems, and interfaces
- A strong technical background - we currently work primarily in Python and Java. However, general engineering skill is more important than specific frameworks
- Extensive experience with relational databases, SQL, operationalizing data models.
- Thought leadership and technical guidance on projects involving multiple teams (engineering and otherwise)
- Comfort working in ambiguous environments with fluid requirements and a rapid pace of iteration
- The ability to balance immediate business impact with scale and long term considerations
Nice to have:
- Experience with big-data and streaming technologies
- Familiarity with financial/payments technology and reconciliation concepts
Lithic is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace by welcoming people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodations in the application process, please let us know.