- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
Our mission is to make payments safer and easier for everyone. We started with a consumer product that helps people spend more safely using virtual payment cards. Then we launched a simple, modern API to make our payment and card issuing infrastructure available to other startups, fintechs, and brands. Today, that infrastructure powers hundreds of millions of dollars in payments for consumers and some of the most innovative companies in the world.
As an early member of the team, you will make a significant impact on both the product and culture. You’ll have the chance to work on a multitude of interesting challenges across card processing, API architecture, fraud and abuse detection, scaling, and new product development.
About this role:
- Improving our fraud modeling and ML classifiers that detect anomalous behavior and prevent fraud
- Updates to our real-time transaction processing engine with millisecond response times
- New features for both the hundreds of thousands of consumers using our product and the hundreds of businesses using our API
- Building out growth hooks, A/B testing and supporting growth and retention efforts
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience shipping code in a production environment
- An understanding of the balance between perfection and shipping quickly
- Awareness that code is written as much for humans to read and maintain as it is for machines to interpret
- Ownership of the features from start to finish
- Understanding of algorithms, systems, and design
Lithic is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace by welcoming people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodations in the application process, please let us know.