Skip to main content
Senior Quality Engineer in Test (SDET)
Lookout is a leading cybersecurity company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital
- Future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and
- Play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected
- Without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest
- Enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft,
- Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston,
- London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto , India, and Washington, D.C
- Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookout’s engineering
- Team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or
- More core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookouts
- Category-defining security products.
- In order to tackle these problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as
- Evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, End Point Platforms
- (Windows/Linux/iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems, cloud backend
- Micro-services, front-end/UI, Data Engineering and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge
- Products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to
- Make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
Senior Software Engineer - QA
- Delivering outstanding Quality SW to Customers
- Write Automation test plans/test cases for New Features and enhancement of Lookout’s
- Category defining CASB and SASE products
- Responsible for quality of a few of the platform capabilities like Policy Engine, Data Leak
- Prevention (DLP) System, SaaS/IaaS cloud connector and many more.
- Participate in a complete Product life cycle starting with understanding various functional
- Requirements, defining/writing Test cases/specification, CI/CD, release and support.
- Work with the Customer Support team in troubleshooting and reproducing customer issues
- In-house and help developers to fix in a timely manner
- Work with Program managers, Product Managers, Developers and other stakeholders in
- Delivering high quality products.
- 5+ years of experience with an engineering degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Good in Manual and Automation testing procedures & Concepts. Able to think of multiple
- Scenarios for a functionality. Should have “break the code” attitude.
- Good in Test Case writing, Test Planning, Estimation (Manual & Automation)
- Extensive Experience on Shell Scripting/ Python, SOAP/REST AND/OR Java programing,
Selenium Web driver using Java
- Hands-on experience in Docker, Linux, Windows, XML, PostgreSQL / Splunk with ability to
- Write queries,
- Sound fundamentals in Operating Systems and Data Networking
- Strong understanding of network security (Proxy, NAT, Firewall, IPSec/SSL VPN, TLS,
- Excellent debugging, problem solving skills
- Should have used REST services automation tools (like REST Assured)
- Should be able to adopt new technologies / programming languages easily.
- Should be ready to work in both manual & automation
- Deft at juggling many competing priorities and prioritizing for best results
Nice to have:
- Experience with Regular Expressions (Regex) based data processing
- Experience using Open source automation tools and IDE (Selenium WebDriver / TestNG)
And developed automation framework
- Experience with processing data in XML, JSON and YAML formats
- Experience with microservices and cloud platforms (Docker, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Git, Jira, Jenkins
- Exposure to Data center technologies is an added advantage.
- Experience of developing Load simulators and testing tools ( Gatling, jMeter)
- A demonstrated ability to communicate well both orally & written with all stakeholders and work with virtual teams.