- Date Posted
- Dec. 15, 2021
- Engineering QA
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud cybersecurity company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
As a Software Developer in Test on the Security Intelligence team, you will contribute broadly in building automation and validation pipelines for the detection engines, analysis pipelines, acquisition and ingestion pipelines and other core intellectual property at Lookout. This position is an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in the company and join the team and share your expertise in building the Security Platform that underlies Lookout’s category-defining personal and enterprise products. These are challenging problems and you must be open-minded to tackling new exploratory areas as well as evolving and continually improving key existing systems.
We’re looking for senior software engineers in Test, who have experience working with high-volume, low-latency distributed SaaS solutions. You will be a member of the team that is responsible for a massively scalable platform that owns the App Analysis pipeline and analysis engines for both iOS and Android applications and delivers data sets to internal and user-facing applications.
- Full responsibility for product quality
- Support Development scrum team deliverables
- Uphold development and quality best practices within the scrum team
- Support qualification activities to include Manual and Automated testing
- Raise technical risks proactively and suggest mitigation measures
- Own and drive the qualification of new services to include the development of tests, tools, and processes
- Collaborate with Dev, QA, Product Management and all other key stakeholders.
- Drive automated service focused test development and maintenance
- Execute testing to support ongoing release cadence
- Debug test failures to identify a root cause and resolution
- Report and manage bugs to closure
- Development experience in Java, Scala or Python.
- Automation development and testing experience for REST API Services, focusing on Backend services.
- Experience in building testing frameworks and solutions for long term coverage and execution of the testing platforms.
- Experience with executing Performance test strategies and tools (i.e., JMeter)
- Experience testing Cloud based Microservices while understanding the overall System interdependencies
Tools that you will work with:
- Primarily Scala, Java.
- Linux (SSH, Bash, scripting)
- AWS primitives and distributed technologies: SWF, EMR, EC2, and others.
- Knowledge of GCP is a plus.