- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 13, 2021
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Lookout is seeking a Senior Accountant who is passionate about adding value to the organization through focus on timely and accurate financial accounting and reporting, process improvement and automation. The Senior Accountant will directly support multiple levels of the Finance organization, including Payroll and Accounting.
- Prepare US and Canada payroll journal entries.
- Prepare US and Canada payroll balance sheet account reconciliations, and complete variance analysis.
- Reconcile payroll cash accounts, record bonus accrual, and payout activities.
- Prepare and maintain prepaid salary schedule and corresponding amortization.
- Prepare and maintain GL accounts for 401(k) and employee benefits.
- Prepare stock-based compensation/equity entries, reconciliations, and reports.
- Oversee and maintain Concur expense tools including responding to employees’ inquiries on their expense reimbursements.
- Assist Senior Payroll Specialist in annual external audit preparation.
- Back-up to Senior Payroll Specialist in processing on-demand and semi-monthly payroll for US and Canada.
- Back-up to Senior Payroll Specialist in fielding and responding to employee inquiries pertaining to their equity awards.
- Take on other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting or Finance) and a minimum of 4+ years of accounting experience required
- SaaS industry experience a plus
- Payroll process experience a plus
- Strong MS Excel experience (use of pivot tables)
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month end/year end close process
- Ability to execute deadline driven month-end processes
- Eager learner able to adjust as quickly to business needs
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Collaborative and communicative
NetSuite, Concur, Accounting close tools (e.g. Blackline, Floqast), Workday, ADP SmartCompliance, ADP Streamline, Shareworks