- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 25, 2021
- Product Engineering
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud cybersecurity company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
The Cloud Operations is a team within Lookout Engineering, responsible for monitoring cloud microservices, incident response and management, post-incident root cause analysis, and SLA management. Cloud Operations also partners closely with the security, compliance and vendor management teams to drive business level outcomes. We are seeking a Program Manager to drive continuous improvement and quality through the development and implementation of policies, processes, procedures and data, that focuses on continuous improvement and operational risk reduction across Lookout. They will be responsible for managing the Incident and Problem Management processes. They will collaborate with multiple teams across the organization to develop strategies and drive actions that lead to sustainable improvements in quality metrics such as SLA performance, MTTx stats, and reducing Change Induced Incident Minutes. The incumbent will develop and refine processes within the engineering teams to catalog, prioritize and develop actions to burn down technical debt. They will establish the measures and metrics and lead the reporting on continuous improvement to senior leadership. The position will report directly to the Senior Director, Cloud Operations.
- Own the end-to-end Incident Management and Problem Management Processes.
- Lead Incident Retrospectives (RCA’s). Identify failures in people, process and technology that led to the incidents. Collaborate with Engineering Managers to develop corrective actions and track through to completion
- Work with Engineering Managers to define and implement the monitoring strategy and prioritize work arising from the RCA process.
- Own the statistical reporting and data management functions for Incidents (SLA’s, Mean Time To calculations), and Problem Management (Actions, Completion %)
- Work with the Senior Director, Cloud Operations to manage the relationship with the outsourcing provider for the NOC function.
- Work with the NOC Lead to identify and implement process and behavior changes to enhance the efficiency of the NOC shift Engineers
Required Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience with incident, change and problem management in a software engineering organization with dozens of stakeholders and conflicting priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to exert influence informally and build relationships across the organization.
- Willingness to tackle new challenges
- Strong understanding of cloud computing and technologies used in software development
- Knowledge of and proficiency with one or more scripting languages
- PMO, PGM experience is helpful
- Jira and Agile experience
- Experience with presentation of technical data to executive management