- United States
- Date Posted
- Jul. 6, 2021
- Product Management
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
We seek a product marketing leader with cybersecurity experience to refine and promote Lookout’s endpoint-to-cloud security story, technology and platform advantages to the market. This is a highly visible and cross-functional role that will interface regularly with marketing, sales, product management, security intelligence (research), and executive management.
What you’ll be doing:
In this position, you will play a critical role in leading a team responsible for developing, positioning and launching enterprise products at Lookout. The ideal person is both analytical and strategic, excels at communicating complex or technical topics in a simple way, and can effectively work cross-functionally to drive results. You will work closely with product management to incorporate market and customer insights into the product development process. You will drive messaging and positioning for our product portfolio, and lead the overall go-to-market process including the development of a range of product marketing assets. You will also work closely with the sales team, cultivating deep relationships with customers and driving the customer feedback process.
The Director, Product Marketing will report to the Sr. Director of Global Product Marketing.
- Lead product marketing for our flagship enterprise Mobile Endpoint Security product.
- Build and execute global messaging that positions Lookout solutions as differentiated and market leading.
- Position and plan the launch of new products/product releases, and partner with the broader sales and marketing team to develop key plays and marketing programs that drive demand.
- Understand customer needs and trends, and bring those insights to internal teams to address target audiences and use cases.
- Work closely with the sales team to develop effective sales tools, programs and messaging to drive demand.
- Collaborate with technical marketing on competitive intelligence and to ensure alignment across sales and SE enablement.
- Partner with analyst relations to develop and drive deep relationships with key analysts and lead Lookout responses in relevant research submissions.
- Be the advocate for the customer internally, continually monitoring the pulse of the market.
- Be an evangelist for the product within the company, helping everyone understand key positioning and messages.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5-7 years experience in product marketing or closely related areas, plus 2+ years managing a team.
- Previous experience at a cybersecurity company. A passion for enterprise technology, particularly in mobile, cloud, big data, and/or security.
- Demonstrated ability to execute cross-functionally with sales, marketing and product organizations.
- Experience driving a product launch end-to-end
- Excellent oral, written and visual communicator with a passion for simplifying complex technical topics
- Highly driven, agile self-starter that thrives in a dynamic environment
- BS/BA required, MBA preferred