- United States
- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Product Management
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud cybersecurity company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
The Senior Director of Marketing Communications anreports to the Chief Marketing Officer. You will be the brand guardian and the editor-in-chief of Lookout public facing web presences (e.g., website, YouTube, LinkedIn) and ensure we publish engaging content that positions Lookout as an innovator and leader.
You will create a comprehensive communication strategy (e.g., web, video, podcast) that uses storytelling to communicate in a manner that is easy for everyone to understand what we do and how we are different. You will define, manage and execute the creation and publication of content aligned to an editorial calendar that enables predictable execution by other teams (e.g., Demand-gen, Field Marketing, Corp Comms).
We are looking for a bold leader who builds trust, is committed to excellence, puts customers first and is accountable.
Key Objectives and major responsibilities
- Build a successful and admired brand image. Define and measure the metrics to determine success.
- Create tools and assist with the brand execution in demand-gen and field marketing campaigns.
- Be the guardian of brand, voice and style in all content, and optimize content for search in all channels including online, social media, email, video, and print.
- Create and manage website content that communicates our value proposition and differentiation.
- Partner with Demand-gen and Field Marketing to optimize content for inbound marketing leads.
- Work with Corporate Communications to develop a thought leadership strategy and an editorial calendar to create and publish content that distinguishes Lookout from competitors and cuts through industry noise.
- Publish hard-hitting content with customer-centric storytelling in a variety of mediums (e.g., website, blogs, reports, video, presentations, infographics) that drives engagement and enables the Demand-gen team.
- Map engagement journeys to create high-quality content that increases conversion.
- Research and pitch new content ideas and form factors based on top priorities for our external and internal audiences.
- Engage and manage freelancers and agencies to scale content generation and respond quickly to business needs.
- Continually analyze content performance (e.g., SEO, organic search, form fills, bounce rate) and propose ways to optimize our content strategy and improve performance.
- 12+ years of marketing communications experience preferably in the cybersecurity industry and/or SaaS with 6+ years of direct leadership experience.
- A strong portfolio and a proven track record of delivering high-quality content at scale in a B2B marketing environment.
- The ability to define and execute global communications and editorial plans that map to brand, customer engagement, growth, retention, and account-based strategies
- Best-in-class standards for editorial content quality across a range of formats (e.g., written, visual, video, hybrid live/event-based content both on and offline).
- Clear, concise and articulate written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative writer who grabs the attention of a busy audience and communicates through storytelling rather than rational explanations.
- History of using freelance writers to scale team output in response to team needs.
- Excellent editing skills and clever headline writer.
- Partner with product marketing, product management, corporate communications, demand generation and field marketing and sales teams.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, critical thinking, agility and attention to detail.
- Able to balance a diverse content editorial calendar and respond easily to change.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with management and employees.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a related field of study.