- Date Posted
- Aug. 18, 2021
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
About the position:
The Sales Engineering Director (SED) is a technical leadership position for our AMS Enterprise Sales Engineering team. As an SED you will have leadership responsibility for the Sales Engineers within the AMS Region and will act as a working manager, leading from the front. You will be a part of an elite technical pre-sales team responsible for driving the success of our security platform. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there. She/he must be an experienced leader, with a demonstrable background as a dedicated Technology Executive with broad technology and business background, able to demonstrate consistent success in leveraging innovation to achieve revenue and sales growth. You will partner closely with our AMS Enterprise Sales Leaders, to increase market share and develop and execute aggressive growth strategies across markets. Ideal candidates should be highly accomplished and excel in cyber security, and cloud technology concepts, with solid interpersonal and relationship building skills. You must be a self-starter, continuously act as an industry subject matter expert, and strive to help us drive our Endpoint to Cloud security story. Your primary objective will be to grow the business, leading the team in support of the sales organization, working directly with prospective customers and partners.
This is a highly visible, and highly impactful role – You will have a compelling opportunity to impact the business and advance your career.
As a Lookout Sales Engineering Director you will be responsible for:
- Objective #1 is to exceed our sales targets.
- Recruit, hire, and on-board new Sales Engineers into your territory.
- Build a strong team culture and strive for the highest levels of engagement and satisfaction among team members and customers.
- Articulate the high-level benefits of Lookout products and solutions to our target audiences (typically senior security management up to CISO and CIO).
- Construct best practices for presentations, demos, and Proof of Concept/Value exercises as well as overall win strategy.
- Responsible for training and mentoring new Sales Engineers on the team, assist with defining periodic SE training curriculum.
- Support field SE team in complex evaluations, troubleshooting, and challenging customer environments.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers in the territory to solidify reference accounts and to assist the account teams with defining plans to drive more business.
- Manage performance and key talent closely ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to retain top talent.
- Conduct ongoing 1:1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development.
- Work cross functionally with support, customer success, product management, engineering, and other organizations to ensure alignment with the field, provide product feedback.
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales technical issues that arise in the territory.
- Take an active role in your region’s customer success and help resolve any customer satisfaction issues, escalating cross functionally when needed.
- 3+ years of previous successful sales engineering leadership experience is essential.
- Ability to scale from the whiteboard to working with security architects to influencing CISOs.
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building.
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills ranging from tech level up to senior executives. Comfortable in public speaking and presenting to both internal and external executive audiences.
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others.
- Resilience and tenacity to be successful in an extremely fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Solid track record in building, developing and recruiting high- performance teams based on a large network of talent in the software and systems industry.
- In-depth knowledge of security technologies and solutions with prior experience selling security technologies including but not limited to: CASB, Enterprise Mobile Security, NG Firewalls, SSL/IPSec, VPN’s, SSO, and DLP solutions.
- Knowledge of how to deliver comprehensive security solutions to our customer base and maintain a general understanding of competitive selling strategies.
- Travel: 40-60% within the region.
- Prior experience growing teams in early stage startups with limited resources.
- Experience working in and selling cloud-based technologies (SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS)
- 5 years of enterprise Pre-Sales experience working directly with network or cloud security products.
- Prior experience with other vendor Cloud Security solutions is advantageous.
- Strong security skills that would include hands-on experience with Netskope, Symantec, McAfee, Checkpoint, Juniper, etc.