- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
- Software Engineering
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Lookout is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to lead our Technical Publications function in producing high quality, customer facing technical content to accompany the Lookout Mobile Endpoint Security solution. We need the kind of individual willing to roll up their sleeves, fully understand the Lookout solution, and establish processes and best practices that efficiently result in comprehensive, high quality documentation for our Enterprise Customers and Lookout Resellers/Partners. Product Reference guides, 3rd Party integration Guides, API Reference, FAQ content, Product Release Notes, Technical How-To’s, and Troubleshooting Guides are some examples of the documentation you’ll help to define, produce, and maintain.
- Fully understand use cases and implementation of Lookout’s Mobile Endpoint Security Solution
- Become well versed with Lookout’s extensive integrations with 3rd party Mobile Device Managers.
- Produce and closely maintain all aspects of Lookout Customer facing product documentation including 3rd party Mobile Device Manager (MDM) Integration Guides.
- Work closely with Engineering, Product Management, and Customer Support to identify key documentation requirements.
- Document product features and use cases with technical precision, grace, and efficiency.
- Define, implement, and maintain a scalable and efficient Technical Publication information architecture
- Establish robust documentation versioning control.
- Establish and maintain a feedback loop with Customer Support, Lookout Enterprise Customers, and Lookout Partners for continuous content improvement.
- Develop a Product Release Note process that aligns with our Agile/Scrum Development model
- Manage organization, presentation, and publication of customer facing content within our Salesforce Community Support Portal.
- Demonstrated experience writing technical documentation for software centric products
- Experience writing for multiple audiences, e.g. Customers, Support Personnel, Sales Engineers, Resellers/Partners, and Engineering.
- Skilled at summarizing problems and representing solutions succinctly and accurately
- “Hands on” abilities to configure, integrate, and operate software products.
- Experience implementing and maintaining an overall technical publications information architecture
- Strong working knowledge of common Technical Writing Software tools.
- Adept at learning new authoring and content management tools that may increase quality and efficiency
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum Engineering development model
- Highly productive
- Team player
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Experience with security products a plus
- Experience with SaaS, cloud based products a plus