- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
We are open to candidates across North America to work remotely.
We are looking for an innovative, passionate and highly technical Principal Engineer to join our Identity team. You’ll be working with a small, dynamic team that builds out and maintains Lookout’s Identity Platform, and you will be responsible for leading and building out the future of Identity and Access Management at Lookout.
- You will be part of a dynamic and technically diverse group of engineers, where you will get to contribute, influence, learn and grow top notch technical skill sets, while building the next generation Identity Platform for users, service and mobile devices.
- Driving the design, architecture and implementation of large scale, low latency microservices, within the platform, including solving complex issues at scale.
- We believe in, and practice, end to end service ownership, so you will fully participate in the ownership of your services and components, including on-call duties.
- Take an active role in mentoring junior developers.
- Influencing the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas.
- You will work extensively with Identity and access management protocols (OAuth, SAML etc) as well as key Enterprise focused microservices at Lookout.
- You will work on microservices built with Scala, Java and Ruby, on the AWS Cloud.
What we’re looking for:
- Professional experience with Object Oriented or Functional programming languages (Java, Scala, etc).
- You have previously architected and implemented microservices at scale, and have a firm grasp of messaging patterns and authentication protocols.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree, and/or equivalent work experience
- We are going multi-cloud soon, so experience with both AWS and GCP will be huge!
- We believe in a culture of transparency and teamwork and we welcome like minded contributors.
- A fun and positive attitude.
- Experience with ZTNA and SASE technologies.
- Experience with Cryptography.
- Experience with functional programming using Scala.
- Experience with serverless architectures such as AWS Lambda.
- Experience with scalable stores like Big Table, Big Query, CloudSQL, DynamoDB, Aurora, etc.
- Experience with Apache Kafka.
- Experience with Kubernetes, container technology (Docker, ECS, EKS).
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookout’s engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookout’s category-defining Personal and Enterprise products. In order to tackle these challenging problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, mobile platforms (iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems cloud backend microservices, front-end/UI, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Threat research and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.