- Date Posted
- Nov. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud cybersecurity company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookout’s engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookout’s category-defining security products.
In order to tackle these problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, End Point Platforms (Windows/Linux/iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems, cloud backend microservices, front-end/UI, Data Engineering, billing systems, analytics and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
- Development and enhancement of Lookout’s consumer and carrier products that provide unique solutions to secure consumer identity, privacy and overall data.
- Responsible for developing and enhancing our platform capabilities like device registration, entitlement and billing systems, telemetry, analytics and more.
- Participate in a complete development life cycle starting with understanding various functional requirements, understand/refine functional specification and develop for high throughput and easy to maintain systems.
- Work with solution architects, product managers, QA, performance and automation teams to deliver high quality products.
- Influence the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas
- Work with the Customer Support team in troubleshooting and fixing customer issues and identifying the product gaps.
- Take an active role in mentoring junior developers
- 15+ years of experience with an engineering degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Strong Java Programming skills (Java Collections Framework, Multithreading, Concurrency, Performance)
- Hands on experience building applications on Android or iOS
- Ruby and/or Scala development a plus
- You have previously designed, architected and implemented, or played a part in implementing large scale microservice architectures, messaging patterns and/or billing and authentication protocols at scale.
- Hands on experience with commonly used Design Patterns in Java
- Experience developing high performance, high throughput (enterprise grade) web services and distributed applications
- Experience in addressing Non Functional Requirements: Performance, Security, Scalability. Maintainability etc.
Nice to have:
- Strong understanding of network security (TLS, SAML, PKI)
- Systems Integration Experience: MQ, Kafka, Hibernate, Redis
- Experience with Regular Expressions (Regex) based data processing
- Experience with processing data in XML, JSON and YAML formats
- Experience with parsing code, structured data, and document formats
- Experience with microservices and cloud platforms (Docker, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Git, Jira, Jenkins
- Strong development background in Java, and/or Ruby, Ruby on Rails and/or Scala(Functional Programming).
- 16 - 20+ years of overall development experience in designing/implementing large-scale, distributed, production class software on public cloud platforms such as AWS and GCP.
- Discipline for testing and automation - unit, functional, integration, and other forms of automated testing
- Collaborative attitude, with an interest in growing a strong engineering team and culture: everything from hiring great people, to mentoring junior engineers, to fine-tuning process as necessary
- Stellar communication skills, able to work well with a smart, passionate, and growing team
- Experience with DevOps tools
- Experience with building secure systems
- Fault tolerance and self-healing systems
- Open-source contributions and participation