- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
- Software Engineering
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookout’s engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookouts category-defining security products.
In order to tackle these problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, End Point Platforms (Windows/Linux/iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems, cloud backend micro-services, front-end/UI, Data Engineering and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
- Development and enhancement of Lookout’s category defining SASE products
- Responsible for developing and maintaining lightweight and Secure Client App for traffic steering.
- Participate in a complete development life cycle starting with understanding various functional requirements, understand/refine functional specification and develop for high throughput and easy to maintain systems.
- Work with QA, Performance and automation team in delivering high quality products.
- Influencing the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas
- Work with the Customer Support team in troubleshooting and fixing customer issues and identifying the product gaps.
- Take an active role in mentoring junior developer
- Degree in Computer/Electronics/Electrical Engineering or any other relevant engineering discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in software development of which a minimum of 3 years of experience building high-performance networking software using socket programming.
- IPSec VPN Client Development experience on any one of the following platform would be big plus - iOS/Mac, Windows, Linux and Android
- Strong Programming skills in Objective C, C/C++ or Java
- Strong understanding of network & security protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, DHCP/DNS,TLS, Active Directory/LDAP, SAML)
- Demonstrable experience of building highly scalable, performant and low latency systems
- Strong understanding of network-security fundamentals (e.g. Authentication, Cryptography, PKI)
Nice to have:
- Experience in few of these technologies - Intel DPDK, Strongswan, IKE, Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
- Knowledge of technologies like Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Development experience in Software Defined Perimeter (SDP) or Secure Web Gateway (SWG) Products.
- Development experience in File System Drivers and Network Kernel Drivers.