- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
- Software Engineering
We are open to candidates across North America to work remotely
As a Software Engineer on the Security Intelligence team, you will contribute broadly to the detection engines, analysis systems, and other core intellectual property at Lookout. This position is an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in the company and join the team that provides the fundamental technological building blocks of the Security Platform that underlies Lookout’s category-defining personal and enterprise products. These are challenging problems and you must be open-minded to tackling new exploratory areas as well as evolving and continually improving key existing systems. You may be called on to work in high scale cloud systems, or directly on mobile platforms.
Do you excel in Java and C++ programming? Do you have strong system programming skills with Linux Kernel / Device Drivers? Then you can be part of the Lookout Security Intelligence engineering team responsible for building, monitoring, and maintaining high-volume, low-latency distributed SaaS solutions. You will be a member of the team that builds a massively scalable platform that performs dynamic analysis of Android mobile applications and delivers data sets to internal and user-facing applications.
- Exceptional coding & design skills in one of the following: C++ and Java or Scala
- At least 10+ years of overall development experience in designing/implementing large-scale, distributed, production class software on public cloud platforms.
- At least 4-5 years of working experience with Linux Kernel dealing with operating system complexities and implementations.
- A strong motivation for self-directed learning when called to take on challenges in areas such as:
- Reverse engineering
- Mobile devices and platforms
- Data analysis
- Scalable distributed systems design.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals - Object Oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Desire and ability to work across platforms and languages at all levels of the stack. Functional programming experience is highly desired.
- A quality-oriented mindset with a strong commitment to automated testing, metrics collection, monitoring, and continuous improvement in all of your work.
- Ability to drive features from conception to deployment in an agile team with continual delivery.
- Passion for software engineering and reverse engineering software programs.
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar Engineering discipline.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of Android Runtime (ART) environment (or Dalvik Virtual Machine)
- Android Mobile app development and automation.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience
Tools that you will work with:
- Primarily C++ / Java, with Scala.
- Android, and its respective development tool chains.
- AWS primitives and distributed technologies: SWF, EMR, Kinesis, and a metric ton of EC2, Kafka
- Graphs and NoSQL databases including TinkerPop, JanusGraph, Cassandra, and ScyllaDB
Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. The world’s leading mobile network operators, including AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, EE, KDDI, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile and Telstra, have selected Lookout as its preferred mobile security solution. Lookout is also partnered with such enterprise leaders as AirWatch, Ingram Micro and MobileIron. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Boston, Toronto, Amsterdam, London, Sydney, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com