- United States
- Date Posted
- Dec. 15, 2021
- Software Engineering
We are looking for an innovative, passionate and highly technical software engineer to join Lookout’s Security Intelligence R&D Organization. You’ll be a key part of a dynamic team that builds out and maintains Lookout’s Streaming data processing engines for network security.
This position is an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in the company and join the team that provides the fundamental technological building blocks of the security platform that underlies Lookout’s category-defining personal and enterprise products.
What you’ll do:
- You will be part of a dynamic and technically diverse group of engineers, where you will get to contribute, influence, learn and grow top notch technical skill sets, while building key features for our researchers and security services.
- You will be a member of the team that is responsible for a massively scalable platform that enables ingestion of security events, dynamic and near-real-time analysis and delivery of data sets to internal and user-facing applications.
- Operationally own, maintain and deploy services.
- Quality is the forefront of all we do, so you will assist with improving all forms of automated testing (unit, integration, functional etc), metrics collection, monitoring, and continuous improvement.
- Help troubleshoot, analyze and root cause issues in the platform.
- We believe in, and practice, end to end service ownership, so you will fully participate in the ownership of your services and components, including on-call duties.
- You will work on microservices built with Scala, Java in a distributed message queue architecture.
- Some of the services and tools that you will work on include
- Apache Storm and Flink.
- Kafka, Functional Streams for Scala (FS2), DynamoDB, Redis, Big table
What we’re looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree, with 12+ years of work experience.
- Professional programming experience with Scala, Java and/or JRuby.
- Strong grasp of software engineering fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
- Prior experience with network security product development
- Prior experience with working on public cloud infrastructure such as AWS and GCP
- We believe in a culture of transparency and teamwork and we welcome like minded contributors.
- A fun and positive attitude!
- Working Knowledge of security topics such as TLS, Mutual Authentication, Certificate Authority, Certificate pinning is plus point
- DevOps/SecOps experience with continuous integration and deployment.
- Experience/expertise with the following stores - DynamoDB, Redis, Aurora.
- Experience with Kubernetes, container technology (Docker, ECS, EKS)
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.