- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Financial Services
On the off chance you’ve thought about insurance, it’s likely because you’ve insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the role
Metromile is seeking an engaging and dynamic Executive Assistant. You will be responsible for a multitude of tasks, ad-hoc projects and complex scheduling including travel and expense management. While acting as a gatekeeper, you will prep executives for their meetings and help them manage their time effectively. You will partner with the executives to facilitate communication across their teams making them as effective and efficient as possible while ensuring company and executive priorities are being met. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, a great teammate and able to work with minimal oversight.
What you’ll do:
- Proactively manage the day-to-day needs of the executives to ensure they are prepared and organized for all internal and external meetings and events; for example: calendar management, booking travel, presentation preparation, errands, one-off projects, and meeting preparation
- Attend meetings as necessary, capture major takeaways, and work with the team to ensure appropriate follow-up
- Prioritize conflicting demands; handle matters efficiently, and follow through on projects to successful completion
- Partner with Recruiting to accommodate candidate interviews with executives
- Maintain confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Provide occasional support for the other members of the executive team
- Provide coverage and fill in for other Executive Assistants as needed
- Resolve administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions
- Plan events such as team off-sites, team building activities and company kick-offs including content gathering and consolidation
- Assist with office operations
- Prepared for anything. You are always thinking one step ahead and strive to go above and beyond what is asked of you.
- Driven. You love being busy, and put in hard work to complete tasks.
- Organized. You have a system that has been working for you for years.
- Solutions oriented. When identifying a problem, you’re already considering a number of creative solutions.
- Naturally curious. You’re innovative, creative and always asking questions to learn more.
- Independent, but a Team Player. You can operate well independently with little guidance or direction, but can also work well with a team.
- Budget conscious. You care about spending and can be resourceful.
What to bring:
- 2+ years of experience supporting C-level executives
- High-level clerical and administrative skills
- Excellent organization, creative thinking, and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- High level of discernment and judgment
- Ability to maintain extreme confidentiality in all business matters
- Experience managing multiple time sensitive projects from conception to completion
- Strong computer skills, including strong understanding of Google Apps and advanced or expert proficiency with MS Office Suite
Nice to Have:
Experience in a startup environment preferred
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Restricted stock units for all employees
- Excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K with match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the role. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military, and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.