- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Business Development
On the off chance you’ve thought about insurance, it’s likely because you’ve insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the role
The Independent Relationship Manager is responsible for leading development, implementation, and ongoing engagement with our partner distribution network. In this role, you work with independent insurance agencies to increase consumers’ access to our products and drive growth. You will work closely with the Head of Emerging Channels to build a pipeline target partners, assess performance of existing partnerships and increase production. You’ll partner with our product team to create easier paths to integration and simplify the quote, bind, and service experience for our agency network. If you’re a one + one = three thinker with a passion for strategic partnerships, this role could be for you!
- Developing the strategy to achieve growth through our independent agent channel and co-marketing partnerships.
- Maintaining direct relationships with agency leaders and partner marketing organizations, developing a deep understanding of what a partner needs to be successful.
- Manage the overall partner distribution network and assess performance and quality of individual providers
- Lead the execution of partner marketing campaigns – both consumer facing and marketing to our agency network.
- Partner with our product and CX teams to drive process improvement and ease of use for independent agents.
- Effectively manage projects with strong organizational, communication, and coordination skills.
- 2+ years in an insurance or insurance related company
- 3+ years managing and executing marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated success working with inside or outside sales teams to drive performance
- Demonstrated success partnering with outside companies to deliver results
- Evidenced based operator with the ability to combine data and judgement
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a high sense of urgency
- Thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with a high capacity to multi-task and handle tight deadlines on a daily basis
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team partnership, promote enthusiasm and foster strategic thinking
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, but a willingness and desire to ‘roll up your sleeves’
Nice to Haves
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or psychology field, MBA
- Experience managing independent agencies (internal to agency or carrier-side).
- Experience with a high growth company
- A proven record of effective leadership and desire to mentor and train new team members
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Equity options available
- Excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K - with employer match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the role. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military, and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.