- United States
- Date Posted
- Oct. 5, 2021
- Data Science
On the off chance you’ve thought about insurance, it’s likely because you’ve insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. Our team is growing quickly across the country. We have offices in SF, Tempe and Boston and welcome remote workers across the country. Our customer experience, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the role
Metromile’s B2B business venture, Metromile Enterprise, licenses its proprietary AI platform to insurance companies in the US and across the globe. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to drive the success of DETECT, our AI-driven fraud detection solution, along with future ML models to automate decision-making through a claim. This role will be responsible for defining the product strategy/roadmap and is expected to work closely with data science, engineering, UX, and go-to-market teams in order to ensure that the financial and transformational goals are met.
Our ideal teammate enjoys working collaboratively with others to meet goals and build products that delight users and customers. If this sounds like a challenge you would enjoy learning more about—we want to hear from you!
- Own product strategy for the DETECT product line, including opportunity identification, performance metric tracking, resource tradeoffs and investment business cases
- Oversee feature prioritization for data science and development teams in a rapid agile environment to prioritize backlogs, create user stories with acceptance criteria, and deliver capabilities against the roadmap in a timely and efficient manner
- Work closely with the data science team to identify new models supported by data, in order to solve user needs defined in the product’s backlog
- Track key metrics to understand and improve usage/adoption, operations, and financial health of your product line
- Develop a deep understanding of the customers, users, market, and technology landscape inside and out to help develop product ideas and drive key product decisions
- Work directly with other product managers and the leadership team to shape the long-term product and business direction
- Passion in data science and experience managing a successful AI-driven product, working closely with data science teams in order to deliver business value
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to motivate and gain alignment with cross-functional teams
- Ability to use data, your experience, and product instincts to identify the most impactful areas of focus for your product roadmap
Nice to Haves:
- Enterprise/B2B/B2B2C product management experience
- Background in building and deploying machine learning models
- Degree in a technical or quantitative field
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Restricted stock units for all employees
- Excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K with match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the role. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military, and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
If you are offered a position with Metromile, Inc. you will be required to successfully complete a background check. Metromile reserves the right to seek clarification of any alerts regarding your background check in order to confirm eligibility for employment.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.