- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Design & UI
- Financial Services
Metromile is a leading digital insurance platform in the United States. With data science as its foundation, Metromile offers real-time, personalized auto insurance policies by the mile, instead of the industry-standard approximations and estimates that have historically made prices unfair. Metromile’s digitally native offering is built around the modern driver’s needs, featuring automated claims, complimentary smart driving features and annual average savings of 47% over what they were paying their previous auto insurer.
In addition, through Metromile Enterprise, it licenses its technology platform to insurance companies around the world. This cloud-based software as a service enables carriers to operate with greater efficiency, automate claims to expedite resolution, reduce losses associated with fraud, and unlock the productivity of employees.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the role
Metromile recently launched a new B2B business venture, Metromile Enterprise, to license its proprietary AI platform to insurance companies in the US and across the globe. We are looking for a Senior Product Designer responsible for owning the design of new features and delivering a beautiful and engaging product experience in a collaborative, dynamic, and iterative environment. We are looking for strong product designers to join our small team as we scale the product and design organization. You will work with other team members to craft experiences for both our suite of web-based products. If you’re an expert in product, visual, UI, or UX design looking to join the tight-knit team we’d love to hear from you!
- Own the product design for business-critical product lines while collaborating within a design team
- Work collaboratively with Product and Engineering to solve user needs and business challenges
- Contribute to the overall vision and direction of the product
- Conduct generative research and synthesis and present your findings to the organization
- Present your work and sell your vision to internal and external stakeholders
- Create high fidelity prototypes and run your own usability tests
- Help out as needed with sales and marketing initiatives
- Be a team resource for good user experience and design best practices
- 2+ years of Product Design/UX experience (start-up experience preferred)
- An ability or interest in working on technical problems within a complex architecture
- Proficient with a wide arsenal of design software packages and tools (Sketch, Figma, Abstract)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
What’s In It For You
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for every employee
- Excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K- with employer match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program and a culture that encourages using it (e.g., designated no-meeting days so teams can take flex holidays)
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (6 week paid sabbatical at 5 years)
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the role. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military, and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.