- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Design & UI
- Financial Services
Metromile is a leading digital insurance platform in the United States. With data science as its foundation, Metromile offers real-time, personalized auto insurance policies by the mile, instead of the industry-standard approximations and estimates that have historically made prices unfair. Metromile’s digitally native offering is built around the modern driver’s needs, featuring automated claims, complimentary smart driving features and annual average savings of 47% over what they were paying their previous auto insurer.
In addition, through Metromile Enterprise, it licenses its technology platform to insurance companies around the world. This cloud-based software as a service enables carriers to operate with greater efficiency, automate claims to expedite resolution, reduce losses associated with fraud, and unlock the productivity of employees.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the role
Metromile recently launched a new B2B business venture, Metromile Enterprise, to license its proprietary AI platform to insurance companies in the US and across the globe. We are looking for a Senior Product Designer responsible for owning the design of new features and delivering a beautiful and engaging product experience in a collaborative, dynamic, and iterative environment. We are looking for strong product designers to join our small team as we scale the product and design organization. You will work with other team members to craft experiences for both our suite of web-based products. If you’re an expert in product, visual, UI, or UX design looking to join the tight-knit team we’d love to hear from you!
- Work within the design, product, and engineering teams on a variety of features and products
- Champion the users’ point of view in discussions of new product features, and proactively seek user feedback to validate your ideas
- Partner with our product management team to deliver a unified vision of how our products work
- Design high-fidelity visual comps, prototypes, and design communication/specs to convey your vision
- Own the product design for a facet of the platform, both designing for the roadmap and ideating with product on possible future states
- Work directly with the engineering team to launch high quality features/products on time
- Be a highly collaborative and active member of your design, product, and development triumvirate
- Revise your designs based on design reviews, usability testing, A/B testing, and customer support feedback
- 3+ years experience in product design
- Portfolio examples of complex design challenges highlighting your end-to-end design process from concept through final implementation
- Experience assimilating customer feedback received through user research, user feedback, user testing, etc.
- Conduct generative research and synthesis and present your findings to the organization
- Present your work and sell your vision to internal and external stakeholders
- Be a team resource for good user experience and design best practices
- Experience creating or a desire to invest time in learning to build functional prototypes (using HTML, CSS, etc) and working closely with product management and dev teams to implement your design solutions
- Proficient with a wide arsenal of design software packages and tools (Sketch, Figma, Abstract)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
What’s In It For You
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for every employee
- Excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K- with employer match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program and a culture that encourages using it (e.g., designated no-meeting days so teams can take flex holidays)
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (6 week paid sabbatical at 5 years)
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the role. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military, and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.