- Tempe, AZ
- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
On the off chance you’ve thought about insurance, it’s likely because you’ve insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the role
This role is currently 100% remote with the option to remain remote in the future
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about creating fiercely loyal customers when it matters most. You’ll be the primary point of contact for our claims customers from the moment the claim is reported until the claim is fully resolved. If you’re tired of the status quo and want to be part of a forward-thinking claims organization on the cutting edge of technology, we want to speak with you!
- Investigate, evaluate, and negotiate non-injury auto accident claims to reach a fair and equitable settlement for involved parties
- Interpret policy contacts and identify how coverage applies to a particular loss
- Accurately document files to include all key claims activities
- Resolve internal and external customer inquiries
- Work with external partners to ensure our customers receive a high level of efficient and effective service
- Participate in Friday afternoon nerf gun wars (when we’re back in the office)
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers
- 1+ years of experience adjusting high complexity, non-injury auto accident claims
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-managed, motivated, and confident
- Able to work well under deadlines in a high-paced, changing environment
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving skills
- Effective team player
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in basic computer skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education preferred but not required
What’s in it for you
- Competitive pay
- Restricted stock units for every employee
- Excellent benefit package (health, dental, vision, 401K - with employer match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the role. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
If you are offered a position with Metromile, Inc. you will be required to successfully complete a background check. Metromile reserves the right to seek clarification of any alerts regarding your background check in order to confirm eligibility for employment.