- United States
- Date Posted
- Sep. 27, 2021
On the off chance you’ve thought about insurance, it’s likely because you’ve insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. Our team is growing quickly across the country. We have offices in SF, Tempe and Boston and welcome remote workers across the country. Our customer experience, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the role
Love talking to people and proactively solving issues? Then join our Customer Experience Team. You’ll be part of a quickly expanding group responsible for growing and maintaining our customer base. We think of ourselves as the smile behind Metromile. You will be responsible for assisting prospects and creating fiercely loyal customers through phone calls and emails who can’t wait to share us on Facebook with all their friends.
This role is currently 100% remote with the option to stay remote whenever we decide to open our offices again
You’ll be tasked with supporting our potential and current customers through exceptional service and inspiring a growing user base to share the Metromile experience. You’ll have great opportunities to develop & foster various skill sets:
- Answer incoming phone calls and identify the type of assistance needed for prospects and current customers
- Assist current and potential customers to navigate the site, our app and troubleshoot our devices
- Educate potential customers and continuously increase our customer base
- Manage Customer’s insurance policies by executing detailed changes
- Ask appropriate questions to verify customer’s account and resolve the inquiry
- Adapt to quickly figure out a way to get things done
- Turn customers into passionate evangelists. Respond to emails & support issues promptly
- Comfortable in an inbound customer facing service roll for a high volume call center. You’ll love dazzling our customers when they call in or you call them.
- A utility player. You’re willing to find resolutions to customer issues early, and often.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and always asking questions to learn more.
- Word savvy. You have exceptional writing skills and can craft everything from emails and summaries, easily adjusting your tone/voice accordingly.
- You’re self-aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You always try to understand where the other person is coming from before making any decisions.
- You’re a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- You understand the impact of highly satisfied customers and will pull out the red carpet for every customer. And we don’t mind if you’re slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- 1-2 years of phone Sales or Customer Service Experience (Insurance & call center experience is preferred)
- College degree can be substituted for experience
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Google Apps will earn you some bonus points
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal
- Bonus points for bilingual skills in Spanish
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change in a fast-growing environment
- Self-managed, highly motivated, and confident
- Very organized and diligent in prioritizing your day
- Must possess your Arizona Property and Casualty License or be able to pass the Arizona Property and Casualty License Exam to obtain your license and subsequent state affiliations.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive hourly pay
- Restricted stock units for every employee
- Excellent benefit package (health, dental, vision, 401K - with employer match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- 3 weeks of accrued PTO. 5 paid sick days
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the role. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
If you are offered a position with Metromile, Inc. you will be required to successfully complete a background check. Metromile reserves the right to seek clarification of any alerts regarding your background check in order to confirm eligibility for employment.