- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Financial Services
On the off chance you’ve thought about insurance, it’s likely because you’ve insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
We have offices in San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston but all employees are currently remote.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the role
We’re looking for a Rate Revision Coordinator to join our growing team! In this role, you will be helping us to innovate, build processes from scratch, and evolve our insurance product knowledge. We want someone who has the ability to think holistically about the Metromile insurance product--and wants to invent smarter ways to manage risk. This role can be 100% remote but if you prefer to come into the office that is also an option, once it is safe to do so.
The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys a challenge, and thrives in a small, fast-paced environment. Strong problem solving is a must, as well as ability to work under deadlines. You are not afraid of changes or getting your hands dirty. And most importantly, you want to take your career to the next level.
- Assist in preparing all of our rate filings for 8 states plus more as we continue to expand.
- Be the primary SERFF expert for the company.
- Assist with the development and deployment of personal auto products in various states.
- Assist with the maintenance of the auto product across all systems and states
- Become the liaison between Insurance Product and Technical Product working alongside the technical product manager to deliver technology to meet business strategy and support day-to-day operations.
- Become the liaison between Insurance Product and Technical Product for Auto Insurance product initiatives by:
- Helping define business requirements and system solutions for state changes to maintain profitability and compliance and
- Translating business requirements into technical specifications.
- Help build and mentor a team of product specialists over the next 18-24 months with potential to manage the team.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of related experience..
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 4 years of property & casualty insurance experience (e.g. as a product specialist or a filing analyst).
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrates knowledge of insurance
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (oral and written) with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations
- Strong influencing, persuasion skills used to gain support and commitment from others
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to identify key levers and priorities
Nice to Haves
- Previous project management experience in an AGILE environment
- Previous rate filing experience as a product specialist / filing analyst
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Equity awards available
- Excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K with match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the role. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military, and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.