- United States
- Date Posted
- Oct. 5, 2021
On the off chance you’ve thought about insurance, it’s likely because you’ve insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. Our team is growing quickly across the country. We have offices in SF, Tempe and Boston and welcome remote workers across the country. Our customer experience, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the role
This position can be 100% remote within the United States
The Sr. Manager, Corporate Finance role plays a vital role in achieving the company’s strategic goals. This role will report to our VP, Strategic Finance, will lead financial planning and forecasting, and prepare detailed analytics for both internal and external use. This role requires a highly motivated professional who is excited to make a significant impact and is comfortable working with senior leaders and cross-functional teams.
- Manage all aspects of the annual budget and quarterly forecasting process
- Conduct detailed reviews of financial results on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, including variance analysis, and identify underlying drivers of financial results
- Enhance cash forecasting capabilities and support long-term capital planning decisions
- Oversee the preparation of all monthly and quarterly management reporting and KPIs, including but not limited to budget vs. actuals, operating reviews, and Board materials
- Work closely with the Data Analytics team to drive data integrity across the business
- Drive standardization and other process improvements to increase productivity and accuracy, and reduce the time to provide actionable reporting
- Assist with the implementation of a financial planning tool and administer such tool on an ongoing basis
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure strong communication and alignment and drive accountability for key results
- 7+ years of experience in Finance or Accounting
- Substantial knowledge of corporate finance concepts and FP&A best practices, including forecasting, business analytics, financial modeling, and KPI tracking
- Experience in creating frameworks for evaluating investment decisions and performing portfolio and account level profitability analysis
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented and proficient in building and handling complex data sets
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels and present results highlighting strategic impact
- Must be highly motivated, self-driven, extremely proactive, with the ability to move projects forward independently
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills required, SQL knowledge a plus
- Experience in Insurance or Financial Services industry a plus
What’s in it for you
- Highly Competitive salary
- Restricted stock units for every employee
- Excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K plus match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for childbirth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the role. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military, and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.