- Date Posted
- Jul. 6, 2021
Locations:Boston, MA, United States, Tempe, AZ, United States, Remote in CA, Remote Outside CA, San Francisco, CA, United States
On the off chance you’ve thought about insurance, it’s likely because you’ve insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer centric-design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the Role
We believe in creating fiercely loyal customers and employees. This begins with ensuring our Metromilers’ have every opportunity to be successful with technology. As an IT Engineer, SaaS Ops, you will join a team that is focused on exactly that - guiding, simplifying, and elevating our work life by automating processes, administering and configuring SaaS tools, and building lightweight apps.
These are exciting times for Metromile: we’ve recently become a publicly traded company on Nasdaq and have announced we’re expanding our product to 21 states in 2021. Today, the IT team is growing rapidly, deploying new tools and building services to improve the company’s productivity. In this role, you will help build a seamless experience for our employees through supporting latest and greatest tools.
If you have systems admin or systems engineering experience, passionate about success with technology and refining employee experience, we will take your career to the next level.
- Build services, automation, and connectivity for internal IT products, starting with workforce identity and lifecycle services.
- Support and deliver innovations for our SaaS tools such as Atlasssian Cloud, Google Workspace, OneLogin, Slack, and Zoom.
- Partner with other IT practices, technical and non-technical departments to automate manual processes with scalability, cohesion, and security in mind.
- Scale software, integrations, & processes to support fast-moving teams in a fast-paced environment.
- No degree required. While we value formal education, we know life is informal and there are many journeys to gain the experience we are looking for.
- Advanced experience with SaaS and cloud configurations, integrations, APIs, IdPs, network configuration, secure authentication methods.
- Comfortable building in cloud environments such as AWS and GCP.
- Experience in Atlassian Cloud and Slack app development.
- Programming mindset with experiences in Java, Python, or Go.
- Have a self-starter approach & attitude, with an emphasis on experience design.
- Excited to adapt and change quickly as business needs arise.
- Provide high quality customer service & experience focus.
Nice to Have
- Located in Boston, MA with the ability to commute to the office for onsite support.
- Experience working in high-growth company in B2C or B2B tech space.
- Have built dev and prod micro-services, worked with infrastructure automation and CI/CD pipelines.
- Familiar with SaaS workflow orchestration platforms, IAM and employee lifecycle concepts, secure coding practices, and encryption.
- Have experience working in an environment using Scrum, Kanban, Lean or other agile methodologies.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Equity awards available
- Excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K with match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the role. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.