- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
On the off chance you’ve thought about insurance, it’s likely because you’ve insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer centric-design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About The Role
We believe in creating fiercely loyal customers and employees. This begins with ensuring our Metromilers’ have every opportunity to be successful with technology. As a Senior IT Specialist, you will work with and administer best-of-breed SaaS tools in our cloud-first environment. We will look to you to drive innovative ways to bring a delightful experience and to accelerate our productivity for our mission and culture driven employees.
This role is a remote hybrid position, and requires ability to be present in our San Francisco office on a weekly basis.
- Support quickly growing remote distributed workforce and technology needs.
- Manage inbound support requests via Jira, Slack, email, and in person.
- Assist with shipping and receiving logistics for employee equipment.
- Support and administer a large variety of the latest collaboration, management, productivity, and workplace technology tools such as Logitech Tap
- Collaborate with all departments on projects that further strategic goals.
- Work closely with IT Experience to design and roll out efficient productivity and support improvements to our workforce.
- Ability to support employees in our San Francisco office on an ad-hoc basis.
- 4+ years of experience in IT Help Desk, Support Technician, or Support Engineer roles managing MacOS and Windows systems with MDMs.
- 2+ years of experience administering SaaS tools and access for Atlassian, Google Workspace, Slack, and Zoom.
- Ability to troubleshoot network connectivity.
- Demonstrated strategies to elevate employee experience and efficiencies.
- Owned or been a subject matter expert for services or technology platforms.
- Champions and advocates evolution of technology and practices.
Nice to Have
- Experience working in high-growth companies in B2C or B2B tech space.
- Experience with scripting languages like GAM, Python, Bash, Groovy, or Powershell.
- Experience supporting WFH workforce and IT operations.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Equity awards available
- Excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K with match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the role. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.