- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Financial Services
On the off chance you’ve thought about insurance, it’s likely because you’ve insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer centric-design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the role
We believe in creating fiercely loyal customers and employees. This begins with ensuring our Metromilers’ have every opportunity to be successful with technology. As a Senior IT Specialist, you will join a team that is focused on exactly that - guiding, simplifying, and elevating our work life.
These are exciting times for Metromile: we’ve recently become a publicly traded company on Nasdaq and have announced we’re expanding our product to 21 states in 2021. Today, the IT team is growing rapidly, deploying new tools and building services to improve the company’s productivity. In this role, you will help build a seamless experience for our employees through supporting latest and greatest tools.
Our ideal team member can prioritize and execute. Strong communication and troubleshooting skills will be important for solving issues of various sizes across disciplines. If you are passionate about success with technology, refining employee experience, we will take your career to the next level.
- Troubleshoot user issues on SaaS tools such as Atlassian Cloud, Google Workspace, Slack, and Zoom.
- Triage issues and requests in Jira Service Management, Slack, email, remotely and in person (in accordance with local COVID guidelines) while also acting as a point of escalation for other team members.
- Participate in projects that further strategic goals.
- Support the day-to-day IT experience for Metromilers in our San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices; as well as our increasing number of work-from-homers.
- Participate in the Welcome and Departures by supporting orientation, setting up and wiping computers, procuring/shipping out and receiving equipment, and completing associated processes.
- 2+ years supporting macOS and Windows in a managed environment.
- 2+ years supporting users in SaaS-heavy environment.
- Holistic troubleshooting. The modern SaaS + SSO environment has a lot of layers and “connective tissue”. You are able to zoom in and out to to identify the symptoms and the causes.
- Enthusiastic about technology. You believe tech should simplify and enable; not complicate and frustrate.
- Sense of ownership. Metromilers are relieved when they know their request is with you because they know you are their productivity advocate and will solve their issue.
- You get answers. Experience has taught you that a finding a solution can require knocking on a lot of doors and asking a lot of people questions until you “get it.”
- You solve problems. A top notch user experience is paramount. You find errors as motivation and will be tenacious in resolving them. You understand that a workaround is one stop on the path to solution.
- Start-up mindset. You’re nimble and excited to adapt as the department rises to meet the needs of the business.
- Able to WFH but also has capability to regularly work from the office to provide support of essential business functions when we return to the office.
Nice to Have
- Experience working in high-growth company in B2C or B2B tech space.
- Functional knowledge of using Active Directory, Atlassian Cloud, Google Workplace, Jamf Pro, and Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
- Familiarity working in and troubleshooting cloud IdP SSO (Okta, OneLogin, etc).
- Exposure to working with agile-oriented teams.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Equity awards available
- Excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K with match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the role. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.