- United States
- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
On the off chance you’ve thought about insurance, it’s likely because you’ve insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. Our team is growing quickly across the country. We have offices in SF, Tempe and Boston and welcome remote workers across the country. Our customer experience, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the role
At Metromile we believe in being Outcome Oriented - we take pride in the outcomes and the value they provide for our customers. We challenge ourselves to build systems that are secure by design. You will be a growing team that will partner with business stakeholders to secure our data and platform.
- Maintain security devices and technologies such as Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), SIEM, EndPoint Protection, and Vulnerability Scanning
- Develop, implement, and communicate vulnerability mitigation strategies to internal teams
- Assists in the development of multiyear information security strategy
- Implement zero trust principles throughout the infrastructure
- Actively participate in the design and implementation of infrastructure, applications, and services, to ensure security and privacy are followed
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of security awareness program
- Serve as the information security subject matter expert for the Incident Response team and investigate any possible incidents impacting the company
- Supports audit efforts related to information security
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred, equivalent work experience considered
- 3 years professional experience.
- Familiarity with regulatory and legal requirements (e.g., SOX, PCI)
- In depth knowledge of automation and CI/CD best practices.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with SOAR platform and implementing security automation
- Professional certifications preferred (e.g., CISSP, CEH, CCSP, etc.)
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Restricted stock units for all employees
- Excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K with match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the role. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military, and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
If you are offered a position with Metromile, Inc. you will be required to successfully complete a background check. Metromile reserves the right to seek clarification of any alerts regarding your background check in order to confirm eligibility for employment.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.