- United States
- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Product Engineering
On the off chance you’ve thought about insurance, it’s likely because you’ve insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. Our team is growing quickly across the country. We have offices in SF, Tempe and Boston and welcome remote workers across the country. Our customer experience, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the role
Our product managers set the vision for our growing family of products. Every day we solve incredibly hard problems to create surprising and delightful experiences for our users. We’re responsible for guiding multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal: shipping high-quality products and features on time.
As a Senior Product Manager focusing on Metromile’s Claims Experience, you will act as a Claims Product Lead and create claims systems related to automation, artificial intelligence, risk analysis/prediction and industry leading insurance claim investigation tools in an effort to create the most frictionless claim experience in the insurance marketplace. You will work closely with design and engineering teams to iterate on innovative ideas that deliver highly effective products like our automated claims system, AVA, that will help achieve bold key metrics and help customers move through the claims process faster than ever before. This position will work closely with the teams in claims, design, engineering and finance.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to understand, rationalize, and prioritize requests for new features for the product plan
- Act as the feature champion: elevate and define features to the benefit of the Metromile customer from inception to implementation and further improvement
- Collaborate with our engineering and design teams to ship impactful features that define simplicity and usability on all platforms
- Create use cases, prioritize feature requirements, and provide clear feature benefits with proper detail for engineering, as well as sales and marketing
- Process, review, and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data on customer usage patterns to uncover new product insights
- Ensure consistency of experience across a broad range of features
- Balance diverse perspectives and empower teams to do phenomenal work
- Manage complex, cross-functional projects across multiple teams
- 5+ years professional work experience
- 3+ years product experience
- Possess a technical or product management background
- Very strong execution skills—able to take seemingly vague questions and translate them into clear, achievable objectives
- Proven experience and passion for building highly successful and innovative consumer web products
- Deep understanding of and empathy for users
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (design, engineering, data science, business development, marketing)
- Love working with data—you possess an excellent ability to quantitatively analyze product concepts, strategic opportunities, and competitive threats based on data
- Experience in hypothesis-driven A/B testing to drive product changes
- Self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Restricted stock units for all employees
- Excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K with match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the role. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military, and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
If you are offered a position with Metromile, Inc. you will be required to successfully complete a background check. Metromile reserves the right to seek clarification of any alerts regarding your background check in order to confirm eligibility for employment.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.