- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Financial Services
On the off chance you’ve thought about insurance, it’s likely because you’ve insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the role
Metromile recently launched a new B2B business venture, Metromile Enterprise, to license its proprietary AI platform to insurance companies in the US and across the globe. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to drive the success of Streamline, our claims automation platform, by defining the product strategy/roadmap and collaborating with engineering, UX, and go-to-market teams to order to ensure that the financial and transformation goals are met.
Our ideal teammate enjoys working collaboratively with others to meet goals and build products that delight users and customers. If this sounds like a challenge you would enjoy learning more about—we want to hear from you!
- Own product strategy for the entire product line including opportunity identification, business metric framework, resource tradeoffs and investment business cases
- Oversee feature prioritization for the development teams, and keep the trains running on time within an agile development environment
- Develop a deep understanding of user behavior and product metrics, looking for ways to improve key product metrics and our user experience
- Work directly with our product team and leadership to shape the long-term product and business direction
- 5+ years product management experience and understands the entire product life-cycle from concept to launch
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (design, engineering, data science, business development, marketing)
- Ability to use data, your experience and product instincts to identify most impactful areas of focus
- Strong project management skills, and willingness/ability to own key parts of the product, end-to-end
- Experience influencing and collaborating at the executive level
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience at enterprise startups or launching new B2B ventures at established companies
- MBA or a graduate degree in a technical or quantitative field
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Restricted stock units for all employees
- Excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K - with employer match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the role. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.