- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Product Management
- Financial Services
On the off chance you’ve thought about insurance, it’s likely because you’ve insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
We’re hiring a Communications Associate to support a variety of internal and external communications aimed at employees, media, consumers and other audiences. If you have about two years of experience at a PR agency and/or in-house, this could be a great opportunity for you.
You’d be joining a small, tight-knit nimble team responsible for all internal and external communications at a well-loved consumer brand with ambitious plans. Whether it’s an opportunity to engage, inform, align or celebrate, the Metromile Communications team is hands-on, high-performing and passionate about the work we do. We’re looking for a colleague who is eager to jump in, be at ease with juggling multiple assignments and quick-turnarounds, and grow as a well-rounded communications professional.
Here’s more about what we’re looking for and what you’d do:
- Have experience doing the PR basics that you’re eager to take to the next level
- Handle media lists, media monitoring, and coverage reports
- Eagerly follow the news — from industry to pop culture — to identify opportunities for inserting ourselves into the news of the day, media opportunities, and emerging trends
- Help strategize and write compelling news announcements
- Identify and generate original content opportunities from customer stories or current events and leverage for media, blog, and other channels
- Conduct competitor, industry research and fact-checking
- Help maintain our awards, speaking and editorial calendar
- Actively engage and build our community
- Respond to customer reviews and help manage engagement on our social channels in a timely manner that is reflective of the brand voice
- Track and report social and reviews monthly
- Participate in the creation of social media assets (eg, basic illustrations, simple infographics) and give direction to our Creative team
- Own the customer swag program and be part of the employee swag committee
Educate, motivate, and align employees
- Develop engaging content for employees across a variety of channels
- Help project-manage all-hands presentations, guest speakers and other live and virtual internal events
- Partner with other teams, including People, Creative/Design, Recruiting, culture committees and more
- Have strong writing skills that you want to hone and develop over time
- Participate in drafting social media posts, blog posts, FAQs, fact sheets and more
- Provide copy-editing support to teammates
- Help manage our blog and website CMS
Be design savvy
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Canva, Figma or Asana is a plus
- Take an active role in designing materials such as all-hands presentations, employee emails, social media assets that engage and educate our audiences
Enjoy being a quick learner
- Experience with tools such as Asana, Slido, MailChimp, newswire and survey vendors, Hootsuite, Salesforce, Cision, Muck Rack and WordPress blog and website CMS is a plus
- Experience or interest in storytelling centered around the company’s data
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Restricted stock units for all employees
- Excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K with match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the role. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military, and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.