- Tempe, AZ
- Date Posted
- Nov. 23, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
On the off chance you’ve thought about insurance, it’s likely because you’ve insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. Our team is growing quickly across the country. We have offices in SF, Tempe and Boston and welcome remote workers across the country. Our customer experience, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
- About the Claims Administrative Support Specialist role
- Only applicants in the Greater Phoenix area will be considered as minimal in-office work will be required
As a Claims Admin Support Specialist, you will support various areas of the claims organization. You will use your organizational skills to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments. If you’re tired of the status quo and want to be part of a forward-thinking claims organization on the cutting edge of technology, we want to speak with you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all incoming and outgoing mail
- Process and index all claims related documents
- Maintain inventory of supplies for office staff
- Assist the claims department with processing incoming and outgoing subrogation. This will include reviewing demands from other carriers for payment and pursuing other carriers or parties when our policyholder is owed money as a result of the claim.
- Assist the claims department with the handling of total loss vehicles. This will include monitoring salvage vehicles, obtaining all necessary forms, paying salvage invoices and processing proceeds.
- This is a full-time, entry-level administrative support role
- 1-2 years auto claims experience or related administrative experience
- High School diploma required; Associate’s degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-managed, highly motivated, flexible, and confident
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, and able to multi-task
- Able to work well under deadlines in a high-paced, changing environment
What’s in it for you
- Competitive hourly pay
- Restricted stock units for every employee
- Excellent benefit package (health, dental, vision, 401K with match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- 3 weeks of accrued PTO. 5 paid sick days
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the role. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Metromile is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Metromile will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Stephen Lavergne, Director of Recruiting, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are offered a position with Metromile, Inc. you will be required to successfully complete a background check. Metromile reserves the right to seek clarification of any alerts regarding your background check in order to confirm eligibility for employment.