- Tempe, AZ
- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
On the off chance you’ve thought about insurance, it’s likely because you’ve insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the role
As a Sr. Claims Admin Support Specialist on our PIP/MPC team, you will be responsible for the medical portion of auto accident claims for the person(s) found to be eligible under medical payment benefits where the policy limits or exposure to the company is limited. You will determine coverage and assesses medical claims, evaluate medical bills and initiate or review potential fraud investigations as warranted. In addition, you will explain coverage, negotiate and settle claims and follow up on continuing treatments while gaining experience in delivering compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure we are creating fiercely loyal Metromile customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigate, evaluate, and settle a high volume of basic, low complexity medical claims
- Process medical bills and recognizes medical management opportunities
- Document a claim file with notes, evaluations, and decision-making process
- Assesses the medical/physical condition and prior injuries of the claimant, and obtains and analyzes medical bills to determine the reasonableness of charges and relation of injuries to the accident
- Conduct first party file processing/fact gathering, including interviewing claimant, witnesses, medical providers, etc.
- Investigate coverage and identify potential basic coverage issues
- 1+ years of customer service experience or related experience
- Comfortable with handling heavy call volume
- High School diploma required; Associate’s degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-managed, confident, flexible, and empathetic
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, and able to multi-task
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers
- Able to work well under deadlines in a high-paced, changing environment
What’s in it for you
- Competitive hourly pay
- Restricted stock units for every employee
- Excellent benefit package (health, dental, vision, 401K with match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- 3 weeks of accrued PTO. 5 paid sick days
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the role. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
If you are offered a position with Metromile, Inc. you will be required to successfully complete a background check. Metromile reserves the right to seek clarification of any alerts regarding your background check in order to confirm eligibility for employment.