- United States
- Date Posted
- Oct. 26, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
On the off chance you’ve thought about insurance, it’s likely because you’ve insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the role
Metromile launched a new B2B business venture in 2019, Metromile Enterprise, to license its proprietary AI platform to insurance companies in the US and across the globe. We are looking for a Tech Lead Implementation Engineer.
Do you like solving problems? What about technical problems? If so, the role of Tech Lead Implementation Engineer might be what you are looking for! The role will be to use our proprietary software to design, implement and deploy solutions for the insurance industry.
This is a customer facing role that will require a technical focus on understanding our customers existing technical stacks and problem solving for their individual use case. Additionally, there will be internal sales enablement to brainstorm and enhance our customer outreach once a thorough understanding of the platform has been gained. This is just the start as there is room to grow within this position to understand different architectures and design patterns so that we can create best practices for the industry in how to use our platform.
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer’s technology landscape inside and out to help develop product ideas.
- Lead and build a small team of customer centric implementation engineers
- Design, implement and deploy solutions to global insurance companies
- Engage with sales and product consulting to create meaningful solutions
- Learn about different technologies used to solve industry problems
- Have a strong influence on future product development
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to motivate and gain alignment with customers and cross-functional teams
- Strong understanding of REST API’s
- You have the ability to write simple scripts and user interfaces
- Creativity when problem solving, ability to think outside the box
- Knowledgeable in Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN)
Nice to Haves:
- XML/ Data Structures
- Prior experience in AWS
- Insurance experience
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Restricted stock units for all employees
- Excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K - with employer match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the role. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military, and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.