- Date Posted
- Oct. 6, 2021
- Data Science
Monad’s mission is to reduce data management problems in the security industry, providing clear insights and guiding action to reduce risk. Our platform automates the collection and transformation of critical security data, enabling teams to scale their impact. We are a customer-first company, and work with security and DevOps teams to help them build easy, accurate, and reproducible security insights and compliance workflows.
We ingest data from security products, asset management tools, and cloud environments to simplify data pipelines and make the data available and usable across platforms and warehouses. These data streams provide actionable insights with risk-based prioritization to the teams who need it most. Security teams, DevOps, and more can use this data to work efficiently, build their own applications on top of it, and tackle their most important security needs.
As a remote company, Monad thrives on collaboration, teamwork, and a transparent environment of proactive communication and responsiveness. We are a company made up of humans, and value and respect both our professional and personal spaces. Family, health, and general well-being are key values.
We make security data accessible to regular humans. Join our team and help build the future of this transformative data platform!
About the Role:
Are you a systems thinker? Can you handle the many technical details that come with lots of data? As a Data Architect at Monad, you’ll need both - we’re building a powerful and general platform, and there are plenty of details to be considered.
You will lead data engineering and analysis efforts by providing both conceptual and technical guidance. When there are tricky decisions and tradeoffs to be made in an aspect of our system design, we will look to you to have an informed opinion. This is also a hands-on role - you will be directly working on development and solving technical problems.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and iterating our overall data warehouse schema
- Reviewing and ensuring that data connectors and pipelines are suitably efficient, scalable, and compatible with our overall approach and models
- Working across the organization to explain and educate, so we all “speak the same language” about our data
- Technical documentation is a core feature of our development work, both for internal and external use
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Built real-world data systems - experience both with business logic complexity and the technical challenges of scale
- Strong knowledge of best practices for data infrastructure, pipelines, and modeling
- Broad understanding of software ecosystem, to help guide future development decisions (e.g. knowledge of batch analytics vs streaming data, search, event flow, and other paradigms)
- Experience with Python, SQL, databases, and data warehouses (practical experience with OLAP/Star schema)
- Excitement for working on the early stages of a product
- Interest in cybersecurity is a plus although no experience needed
Technologies you’ll be exposed to:
- Aws / gcp
- Flex vacation
- Fully Remote
- Benefits will evolve over time. If you have recommendations let us know!