- Date Posted
- Oct. 6, 2021
- Data Science
Monad’s mission is to reduce data management problems in the security industry, providing clear insights and guiding action to reduce risk. Our platform automates the collection and transformation of critical security data, enabling teams to scale their impact. We are a customer-first company, and work with security and DevOps teams to help them build easy, accurate, and reproducible security insights and compliance workflows.
We ingest data from security products, asset management tools, and cloud environments to simplify data pipelines and make the data available and usable across platforms and warehouses. These data streams provide actionable insights with risk-based prioritization to the teams who need it most. Security teams, DevOps, and more can use this data to work efficiently, build their own applications on top of it, and tackle their most important security needs.
As a remote company, Monad thrives on collaboration, teamwork, and a transparent environment of proactive communication and responsiveness. We are a company made up of humans, and value and respect both our professional and personal spaces. Family, health, and general well-being are key values.
We make security data accessible to regular humans. Join our team and help build the future of this transformative data platform!
About the Role:
Want to build more than pipelines? As a Data Engineer at Monad, you’ll be building a core component of our platform.
Our product doesn’t just move data around - it normalizes and merges it, abstracting away messiness from the raw data to expose an elegant and usable service. You will build critical integrations and help provide the structure we need to scale.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing new data connectors from end to end - retrieving data from source, storing in a data warehouse, normalizing/modeling, and merging with other data as appropriate
- Ensure the scalability and reliability of the data pipelines and services we build
- Coordinating with product development on the many touchpoints it has with data (model, API, etc.)
- Technical documentation is a core feature of our development work, both for internal and external use
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 4+ years experience in the data or backend engineering
- Strong Python skills (including awareness of modern Python data tooling)
- SQL and experience with databases, data warehouses
- Familiarity with “challenging” data (e.g. messy or irregular, large scale, etc.), and techniques to handle it
- Experience with dataflow automation and workflow tools
- Excitement for working on the early stages of a product
- Interest in cybersecurity is a plus although no experience needed
Technologies you’ll be exposed to:
- Flex vacation
- Fully Remote
- Benefits will evolve over time. If you have recommendations let us know!