- Date Posted
- Oct. 6, 2021
- Software Engineering
Monad’s mission is to reduce data management problems in the security industry, providing clear insights and guiding action to reduce risk. Our platform automates the collection and transformation of critical security data, enabling teams to scale their impact. We are a customer-first company, and work with security and DevOps teams to help them build easy, accurate, and reproducible security insights and compliance workflows.
We ingest data from security products, asset management tools, and cloud environments to simplify data pipelines and make the data available and usable across platforms and warehouses. These data streams provide actionable insights with risk-based prioritization to the teams who need it most. Security teams, DevOps, and more can use this data to work efficiently, build their own applications on top of it, and tackle their most important security needs.
As a remote company, Monad thrives on collaboration, teamwork, and a transparent environment of proactive communication and responsiveness. We are a company made up of humans, and value and respect both our professional and personal spaces. Family, health, and general well-being are key values.
We make security data accessible to regular humans. Join our team and help build the future of this transformative data platform!
About the Role:
Do you want to help build the technical foundation of an early stage engineer-focused company? Do you understand the complexities and challenges of big data, cloud microservices, and building a modern scalable platform?
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will work on creating and scaling our cloud security data platform. You will collaborate closely with the rest of the engineering team on building critical functionality and services by developing internal and external APIs that enable interacting with security data.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing scalable and performant APIs and services to power our systems
- Brainstorming and evaluating new product features and technologies
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, discussing architecture and reviewing code
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team (“technical debt”), propose and implement solutions
- Technical documentation is a core feature of our development work, both for internal and external use
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 3+ years of experience in working on backend software platforms
- Experience developing in Python or similar language
- Familiarity with databases, data warehouses, and their contrasting functionality
- Experience in AWS is desirable but any knowledge of cloud services is recommended
- Favor collaboration over isolation
- Excitement for working on the early stages of a product
- Interest in cybersecurity is a plus although no experience needed
Technologies you’ll be exposed to:
- Flex vacation
- Fully Remote
- Benefits will evolve over time. If you have recommendations let us know!