- Date Posted
- Oct. 6, 2021
- Software Engineering
Monad’s mission is to reduce data management problems in the security industry, providing clear insights and guiding action to reduce risk. Our platform automates the collection and transformation of critical security data, enabling teams to scale their impact. We are a customer-first company, and work with security and DevOps teams to help them build easy, accurate, and reproducible security insights and compliance workflows.
We ingest data from security products, asset management tools, and cloud environments to simplify data pipelines and make the data available and usable across platforms and warehouses. These data streams provide actionable insights with risk-based prioritization to the teams who need it most. Security teams, DevOps, and more can use this data to work efficiently, build their own applications on top of it, and tackle their most important security needs.
As a remote company, Monad thrives on collaboration, teamwork, and a transparent environment of proactive communication and responsiveness. We are a company made up of humans, and value and respect both our professional and personal spaces. Family, health, and general well-being are key values.
We make security data accessible to regular humans. Join our team and help build the future of this transformative data platform!
About the Role:
Do you have a knack at integrating solutions from varying data pipelines, development tools, and software architectures into a single, best-in-class solution that makes your peers at other companies jealous? Then you might just find yourself excited to work at Monad, designing and developing containerized cloud solutions to the world’s cybersecurity challenges. Reach out to us and share your passion!
As an integration engineer, you will work to integrate external tools into our consolidated platform. You will need good communication skills and a focus on high quality to work closely with data analysts and engineers. Your solutions will be foundational for our platform and instrumental to our overall success.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop scalable integration platforms, connectors, and development tools that work with third party REST APIs, flat files, and a myriad of other protocols and data types such as JSON, XML, CSV, and so on
- Ensure robust testing and reliability of integrated services
- Collaborate closely with data engineers on relevant models and pipelines
- Design and develop an SDK to enable external developers to integrate into our environment
- Define systems integrations, design patterns, and development standards to support multi-system solutions that scale with current and changing futures needs of the company
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- Experience in Data Integration and ETL pipelines
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn Python and Python data ecosystem
- Experience with database design patterns, such as CTEs, transformations, and basic data modeling
- Experience with JSON, XML, CSV, and similar data formats (including retrieving from APIs)
- Solid experience with service-based approach to development
- Experience with a CI/CD system
- Excitement for working on the early stages of a product
- Interest in cybersecurity is a plus although no experience needed
Technologies you’ll be exposed to:
- Prefect and dbt to build out ETL solutions
- Variety of security and asset management tools (Tenable, Rapid7, Qualys, Snyk, SonarQube, JAMF, more)
- Flex vacation
- Fully Remote
- Benefits will evolve over time. If you have recommendations let us know!