- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Business Intelligence
MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 300 + strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO.
We’re making new and exciting things – and we could really do with your help.
We are looking for a data savvy, highly numerative and naturally inquisitive individual to join us as we push forward with our ambitious plans for the future. Your analytical capabilities will be put to work helping us better understand our key commercial drivers and answering the tough questions that stakeholders from across the business may have.
For instance, one week you might be looking at revenue recovery trends across different US states, followed by an investigation into the changing relationship between revenue and physical items manufactured, followed by helping us to understand the drivers of AOV change.
Attention to detail, accuracy, and an ability to see through complexity and make astute observations is key.
To be successful in the role we need someone who is naturally curious and enjoys building relationships with people at all levels throughout MOO, and leveraging those relationships in the pursuit of answers. You will need to be comfortable diving into the details, and be adept at drawing conclusions and communicating your findings. You will love making sense of what is happening at MOO and how the different levers we can pull have a bearing on our top and bottom lines. Ideally you will have previously worked in an e-commerce business.
You will be reporting directly to the Head of FP&A. You will be a key resource when it comes to understanding historical trends in the business and informing our expectations of the future, and be a trusted resource for people across MOO.
- Assist the Head of FP&A with commercial inputs into the financial model to ensure it reflects the best possible view into the future
- Undertake periodic project work to dive into specific areas of interest, be it a recent change to shipping margins, or to help understand how a new product or a new commercial partnership may impact on product margins
- Develop a broad understanding of the business and help spot, understand and communicate changing trends early
- Be a key contributor to the weekly trade meeting where we make sense of the previous week’s revenue performance and update our near-term view of revenue for the following 6-8 weeks
- Assist in the dissemination of information to leadership, the senior leadership team and the board
- Assist with the deployment of new tools and systems
- You are enthusiastic, imaginative and keen to work as part of a team
- Excellent abilities when it comes to analysing data, and the ability to get into the details whilst always maintaining a commercial mindset
- Demonstrable experience working with large, complex datasets
- Excellent Excel capabilities (e.g. comfortable using Index Match etc)
- Experience using Tableau, or a willingness to learn
- Commercial experience as an analyst
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Haves
- An understanding of basic accounting principals
- Some understanding of SQL and databases is desirable
- Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Previous experience in an e-commerce and/or manufacturing business
- What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 25 days holiday rising by one day for each year here (for 5 years), a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, and paid parental leave. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. While most of us are currently working from home due to COVID-19 we can’t wait to get back into the office where we like to treat our employees to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.