- Date Posted
- Jan. 10, 2022
- Buying & Merchandising
MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 300 + strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO.
We’re making new and exciting things – and we could really do with your help.
The Director of Category Management will be an integral member of both the marketing leadership and the wider company leadership team. In this role, you will be a part of a highly collaborative and tightly knit team (3 currently, will be hiring 2-3 more people), leading the way to revolutionise the world of customised products.
You and your senior management will build and evolve our product portfolio to maximise short and long term revenue opportunities for MOO. In addition to briefing new product introduction, you will lead and be accountable for product positioning, pricing and merchandising to maximise the opportunity (revenue and margin) from the current portfolio.
At MOO we believe our products should leave sustainable impressions. Brand impressions that last without adversely impacting the world around us. Come help us make this a reality!
- Owner and developer of insights and strategy
- Manage succession planning of your team via building, leading, inspiring and developing your talented, highly motivated Senior Management and their teams.
Responsibilities - Portfolio Management
- Accountable for identifying and briefing new product needs based on market & consumer insights, competitive landscape assessment as well as lifestyle and creative insights that come from the Design and New Product Design team and beyond, across:
- New product Introduction (NPI)
- Quality and margin improvements
- Baseline innovation
- Lead physical product roadmap recommendation in conjunction with the Vice President of Design and New Product Design team
- Maximise portfolio for our primary channel which is eCommerce through MOO.com
Key Responsibilities - Go To Market
- Owner of the product and portfolio positioning
- Lead your senior management through the planning and executing of launch campaigns, including sampling
- Manage marketing communications & merchandising product prioritisation
- Support your managers on pricing
- Overseer of all Go to market for both B2B and B2C customers, understanding the differences and optimization opportunities within each
- Support your senior management on all recommendations and execution of new channels to drive category growth, including product placement, pricing and assortment. For example, Amazon
- You have extensive senior experience in Category Management or Product Marketing Experience with a track record of driving revenue and gross profit growth from a physical product portfolio. eCommerce experience is preferred
- A strategic and data-driven thinker with a passion & aptitude for data analysis and critical thinking
- Operational discipline: uber-efficient and organised
- You keep calm under pressure and aren’t easily rattled managing multiple projects with tight deadlines and shifting business demands
- You have exceptional leadership and communication skills, thriving on working cross functionally and influencing others with ease
- Proven track record in leading your team of leaders and building teams to ensure results, organizational efficiency and engagement
- You are an expert in problem solving. You have breadth and depth of knowledge and are able to coach others in solving these problems too
- You are a holistic thinker, able to drive end-to-end strategies and initiatives encompassing multiple functions
- You can innovate process improvements and/or develop new ideas from scratch
- Possess a positive, enthusiastic demeanor and sense of humour
- Your working style embodies MOO’s MAKEIT values: Make it simpler, Always deliver delight; Keep it human; Every detail counts; Imagine it better; Tackle it together
- What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 25 days holiday rising by one day for each year here (for 5 years), a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, and paid parental leave. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. While most of us are currently working from home due to COVID-19 we can’t wait to get back into the office where we like to treat our employees to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.