- Date Posted
- Sep. 21, 2021
- Design & UI
MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 300 + strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO.
We’re making new and exciting things – and we could really do with your help.
In this role, you will be responsible for our visual design principles. You’ll be a brand guardian and champion, ensuring that our design can keep up with all the exciting things that are happening at MOO right now.
Alongside the Creative Director, you will use your expert knowledge of design and art direction to develop work that MOO can be proud of. Pushing our design principles and thinking, you will enable us (and our customers) to stand out and make a lasting impression. From brand guidelines and motion principles to our packaging, online experience and more – you will be responsible for shaping how the brand looks and evolves, while maintaining the things that make MOO a much-loved brand.
We are looking for a collaborative, creative thinker and craftsperson. You’re happiest when you can be really hands-on; jumping into big strategic design tasks and using the skills you’ve gained to get here.
This is a fully hands-on role and an exciting one for someone who wants to see their work make a tangible imprint on a business. But you’re not protective or secretive with your ideas. You’ll be able to bring teams along with you – a collaborative approach is vital.
To really thrive in this role, you’ll be both inspired and inspiring – with a real passion for all things design. It’s more than just a job title, it’s part of who you are.
You’ll have a natural urge to explore bigger and better ways to communicate visually. And you’ll be comfortable articulating your thinking and presenting to senior management.
- Develop a distinct visual language: as our brand evolves, our design needs to keep up.
- Define guidelines that ensure all our content looks, feels and sounds uniquely MOO – and partner with our creative team and stakeholders across the business to ensure they are lived through every touchpoint.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other creative leaders across the business.
- Ensure everything we create is future-focused – not just what will work now; you’re looking at the longer-term vision.
- 10+ years industry experience – including time at respected design, advertising or brand agencies.
- Rounded experience across a broad range of disciplines – print, digital and moving image.
- Outstanding brand design knowledge.
- A forward-thinking approach, that helps you see how our brand can evolve.
- You inspire those around you with an open, collaborative style.
- A portfolio that clearly shows your tastes and thought process, as well as final design work.
- When it comes to growing a brand and visual language. you’ve been there, done that and (probably) designed the T-shirt already.
- You’re always on top of current design trends and attitudes – ideally, you’ve been shaping them.
Nice to haves
- Recognition from top design awards and industry publications – or the desire to achieve that with MOO.
- Examples of thought-leadership.
- Experience with motion /3D
- What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 25 days holiday rising by one day for each year here (for 5 years), a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, and paid parental leave. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. While most of us are currently working from home due to COVID-19 we can’t wait to get back into the office where we like to treat our employees to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.