- Date Posted
- Oct. 27, 2021
- Design & UI
MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 300 + strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO.
We’re making new and exciting things – and we could really do with your help.
Junior Graphic Designer
MOO is seeking an efficient, driven and organized Junior Graphic Designer to join the company’s Design Services division. The Design Service Team is tasked with servicing all of our valuable MOO customers from Small Offices, Home Offices and our large Business Customers.
This is an exciting opportunity in our London office for a junior level designer that can work closely with our sales team to execute bespoke design for our business customers. This person must be efficient and organized to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
The person we appoint to this role will be enthusiastic, creative, optimistic and keen to work as part of a team. To be considered for the role, you’ll need to show you have:
- Experience in an artworking role or relevant design degree.
- Proven knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Basic retouching skills - Able to incorporate changes on raw files with our pro tools.
- Basic concept presentation skills - Able to create and present to our internal and external customers.
- The ability to give and receive constructive feedback to effectively complete design requests.
- Basic trend knowledge and research - Staying on top of knowing the latest design trends and apply it to their body of work.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to change
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Able to network amongst designers and share information.
- An appreciation of creative standards
- Fanatical about the smallest of details
- Great time management skills.
- Passionate about people – internal and external customers as well as team members
- Knowledge of typography and best practices for kerning, leading, tracking and font management.
- Digital Print knowledge
- Portfolio required
- Experience working with digital presses including gold foil and UV printing.
- Customer service experience
- Create custom designs for our customers across all of MOO’s products.
- Create designs based on our customers brand identity guidelines.
- Effectively communicate with sales, customer service and our valuable MOO customers to troubleshoot and complete multiple daily assignments.
- Consistently meet strict turnaround times on all assignments.
- Effectively layout, create and edit customer files.
- Ability to support the other positions within our Design Services team.
- Able to help our internal and external customers via phone, email and chat.
- Ability to Quality check and spot on screen file issues to effectively problem solve any customer print and/or design issues.
Nice to Haves
- Customer Service Experience
- What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 25 days holiday rising by one day for each year here (for 5 years), a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, and paid parental leave. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. While most of us are currently working from home due to COVID-19 we can’t wait to get back into the office where we like to treat our employees to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.