- Date Posted
- Sep. 7, 2021
MOO is looking for a Press Operator to be based in our Dagenham Manufacturing location. This is a full time opportunity for suitable candidates. The position involves the operation and maintenance of HP Indigo Digital Press. MOO is looking for someone who is interested in helping grow our print business and have some fun along the way.
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of the print process, including: Production, Quality & Maintenance by checking printed sheets for correct back up, good registration and any marks appearing on sheets and taking the relevant steps to eradicate any quality issues.
- Manage workflow effectively to ensure delivery deadlines are met at all times.
- Create batch tags and daily run list. Isolate and produce Uber rush as soon as it’s available on print server.
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly laid down maintenance tasks
- Communicate effectively with supervision, tech support and other associates;
- Follow established process to ensure that products are produced and shipped to quality standards within promised times.
- Responsible for routine machine maintenance which includes carrying out daily, weekly and monthly laid down maintenance tasks. Cleaning up any oil or ink spillages as they happen in order to keep the work area clean and safe at all times.
- Maintain adequate stock levels of consumables. Use the online ordering system to replenish supplies.
- To undertake basic DTP tasks including interrogation and manipulation of files
- Work closely with printer and other members of the team to ensure a steady production flow happens in order to optimise production;
- Maintain safety and HSE standards;
- Timely execution of assigned tasks to ensure we are running at optimum output.
- Use all available communication tools provided including Bamboo, email and Slack (our internal instant messaging tool)
- Responsible for cleanliness of the area, including disposing of paper wrappings into bins provided, neat disposal of empty ink cans, chemicals and consumable packaging and sweeping the floor regularly.
- Hours are currently 10 - 18.30 but are likely to change to a permanent late shift of 14.30 - 22.30
- Excellent attention to detail and quality.
- Must have completed Level 1, preferred Level 3 training on the Series 3 Indigo’s through HP Training Course.
- Flexible and adaptable to change;
- Conscientious, reliable and punctual;
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, E-Mail);
- Must have hard work ethic with a keen ability to learn quickly;
- Able to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member;
- Ability to multitask and set priorities;
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work overtime when needed with little notice.
Work is performed in a manufacturing facility that may be dusty at times and may require long periods of time standing. The environment is such that the inside temperature adjusts concurrent with the outside temperature; however, the facility is heated in the winter. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential job functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.