- Date Posted
- Dec. 26, 2021
MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 300 + strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO.
We’re making new and exciting things – and we could really do with your help.
MOO is seeking an experienced Global Supply Chain Manager reporting to the Head of Supply Chain & Logistics, the Supply Chain Manager’s key focus will be to increase the capacity and strength of our supply chain in existing products and new products.
This is an exciting opportunity in our Lincoln (RI) office/ warehouse. This person must be efficient and organized to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Support the Head of Supply Chain Management to develop the strategic vision for the function in lineThe successful candidate will report to the Head of Supply Chain and work closely with the Design team and Category Management team on developing, sourcing new products/ vendors.
- Manage existing strategic supplier partnership relationships
- Identify possible capacity constraints within business-critical suppliers
- Explore, negotiate and on-board secondary suppliers for business-critical products
- Continuously develop supplier relationships internally and externally to improve cost, quality, and availability
- Optimisation of the planning process to anticipate customer demand and ensure 100% material availability
- Sourcing existing and new products from a global supply base
- Co-ordinate, negotiate and implement consolidated buying strategies for similar types of products
- Develop and deploy the procurement strategy (to include financial risk indicators) by improving and leading the SRM process
- Review spends, suppliers, items to identify commodity items and specialist items
- Prepare strategy on which items need to be tendered
- Build a supplier grading process
- Conduct tenders and contractual negotiation
- Create synergies at suppliers or Country of Origin for a more efficient supply chain
- Champion multilayer relationships with suppliers
- Keep the global expansion picture in mind when looking out for suppliers and smoothening the supply chain
- Manage on-boarding of suppliers to support components required for new products
- Support innovation in creating new parts, suppliers, components in BOM to enable implementation and integration of new products into the normal purchasing process
- To consider mitigation of impact to Carbon Neutrality/Environmental Aspects initiatives
- Effective communicator - between internal departments and external stakeholders
- Good commercial awareness
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proactive, hands-on, engaging approach
- Strong Leadership and ability to effectively manage a team
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage projects to deadlines
- Great planning and problem solving
- Ideally educated to degree level or have relevant experience of at least 5 years at a senior level within Supply Chain
- Previous experience in strengthening and expanding a high revenue supply chain
- Experience in procurement, setting T&Cs, SLAs, negotiations
- Experience of working to and achieving specific operational objectives, targets and deadlines
- Global direct materials buying in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of procurement regulationMRP/ERP System experience
- An analytical thinker with excellent negotiation preparation and execution skills
- What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 25 days holiday rising by one day for each year here (for 5 years), a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, and paid parental leave. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. While most of us are currently working from home due to COVID-19 we can’t wait to get back into the office where we like to treat our employees to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.