- Date Posted
- Jun. 30, 2021
MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 300 + strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO.
We’re making new and exciting things – and we could really do with your help.
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Manager of Design Services and work closely with the service, sales and operations teams as well as our amazing MOO Customers. This person will be responsible for managing daily workloads, ensuring deadlines are met, and leading a global team of production artists. The ability to mentor, coach, lead and inspire the team is vital, so having great people skills is a must.
The person we appoint to this role will be enthusiastic, imaginative, optimistic and keen to work as part of a team. The successful candidate will lead by example; being able and willing to back up the team when necessary and complete any production work alongside them.
To be considered for the role, you’ll need to show you have:
- 3+ years of industry experience in an artworking or a print production role
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience managing a team
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Excellent knowledge of typography and best practices for kerning, leading, tracking and font management
- Strong print and production background
- An appreciation of creative standards (strong layout, typographic and visualizing skills)
- Fanatical about the smallest of details
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Passionate about people – internal and external customers as well as team members
- Customer Service Experience required and having phones, chat and email etiquette is a must to communicate with our amazing MOO customers
- Zendesk, Live Chat, Talkdesk knowledge preferred but not required
- Managing the team’s creation and delivery of all artwork requests as well as the quality control queue and customer facing channels on a daily basis
- Coach the team on best practices for customer interactions and independently manage escalated customer issues/concerns
- Mentoring, coaching and supporting a team of production artists
- Act as a liaison between the sales/service/operations and production team to ensure MOO Customer satisfaction
- Conduct weekly 121s with each team member and provide regular status reports to leadership; communicating effectively to your manager on the team’s progress and any issues that need to be addressed.
- Assisting the Design Services Management team in workload, process improvement, and strategic initiatives
- Inspiring and engaging your team through creative activities and more
- Lead your team by example
- What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 23 days’ PTO plus Federal holidays, a 401(k) match, MOO stock option program, paid parental leave and we’ll cover 100% of your health, dental and vision care premiums. We’ll also cover you with life insurance and long-term disability insurance, and we offer a wellness program too.
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other protected class