- Date Posted
- Dec. 26, 2021
MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 300 + strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO.
We’re making new and exciting things – and we could really do with your help.
The Shipping Manager owns the successful movement of goods from Origin to Final destination, both for raw materials and supplies and finished orders to customers. Tasked with planning routes, analysing budgets, and processing shipments to optimise the service.
- This is an exciting opportunity in our London office/ warehouse. This person must be efficient and organized to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- The successful candidate will report to the Head of Supply Chain and work closely with the material handler, inventory manager, Customer Service and Tech team.
- Select carriers and negotiate contracts and rates in partnership with Procurement
- Work with carriers to discover the most cost-effective shipping modes and schedules
- Review Freight forwarder & carrier performance with MBQ/QBR, partnering with them to resolve any issues
- Review existing contracts, monitor any commitment levels and provide forecasts where needed
- Review shipping invoices to approve payments and ensure correct billing
- Control shipping and distribution budget, keeping shipping operations within budget without compromising speed or efficiency
- Set shipping KPIs, preparing and presenting performance to business stakeholders
- Monitor and analyse customer and courier SLA reports to identify problems and maintain high performance
- Stay up to date with industry trends and services to identify risks and opportunities to MOO
- Collaborate with the Tech team responsible for manufacturing and shipping at MOO to raise and prioritise opportunities
- Oversee the logistics network for 3rd party partners, including advising whether to use our own carrier relationships or those of the 3rd party
- Create internal shipping policies and procedures and implement them with other teams such as Customer Services, Manufacturing and Sales
- Identify and communicate shipping costs for our customer delivery options to the Commercial team to inform our customer shipping pricing strategy
- Review current customer delivery options, managing and amending shipping rules where appropriate
- Liaise with Freight forwarders and carriers to ensure inventory is transported smoothly from origin to end customer
- Manage the inbound loads and coordinate with production facilities for accurate arrival times
- Liaise with Inventory Manager to report on inbound inventory and report on potential delays
- What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 25 days holiday rising by one day for each year here (for 5 years), a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, and paid parental leave. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. While most of us are currently working from home due to COVID-19 we can’t wait to get back into the office where we like to treat our employees to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.